Forum friends your help needed

Travel discussion for St. John
loria

Forum friends your help needed

Post by loria »

I KNOW this should be in the off tops session and , anthony, i really hope this is ok to post here-- it just needs more traffic;;
I posted in off topic a few weeks back about a social services agency that my SIL works for-- they are in competition for a car -- which they could REALLY use-- but they need votes TODAY (thursday) between 10 am and midnight) what follows is from Jody (my SIL)--

'My agency is the only finalist in New England for the Toyota 100 Cars for Good campaign. There have been other finalists in Maine, but we are the only finalist for tomorrow’s voting day – and are competing against 4 other non profits. The winner wins a car – which we will be able to use for situations we run up against that requires extensive travel to rural areas in our efforts to support kids, and will also give us a vehicle to use to allow teens in foster care gain driving experience for their driver’s license – along with many other uses.

The agency to win is the agency who gets the most votes.

I was wondering if you could ask your friends on fb to vote for us tomorrow between 10am-midnight.
All they have to do is log into facebook, then go to www.voteforcare.com. And click on Community Care. Easy. Takes just a second.'

Thanks friends and apologies if this has offended anyone-- it's really a great cause though!

thanks folks!!!! in Koh Samui thailand - will psot TR soon-- it aint' STJ, but it ain't too bad.....
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
lprof

Re: Forum friends your help needed

Post by lprof »

Looks like you vote at, or after, 10 AM EDT... will do!

Looking forward to that TR! Enjoy!
... no longer a stranger to paradise
lprof

Post by lprof »

I just voted. loria's group is only 1% behind... let's give them a boost with our forum power... get them on the road in a new car for charity! Thank you.
... no longer a stranger to paradise
loria

Post by loria »

lprof wrote:I just voted. loria's group is only 1% behind... let's give them a boost with our forum power... get them on the road in a new car for charity! Thank you.
thanks IProf! but now they are behind by about 10 % -- they really need this car-- rural maine , winter-- very tough....(as i am sure it is for all of them) if you all could work some forum magic!!!!!!!!!!! thanks!
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
Florida Girl

Post by Florida Girl »

Done! :D I hope they win!
GraysonDave

Post by GraysonDave »

OK, I voted. They're down 6% as of now - hopefully an evening push can make them winners.
FinsUp

Post by FinsUp »

Just voted!! They are 5% behind now....let's show them what VIOL can do for them!!!! :D
FinsUp

Post by FinsUp »

Just voted with my husband's FB!! Still 5% behind....
mnfun2bme

Post by mnfun2bme »

Good luck from MN, Loria.
I voted and you're just 4% behind.
loria

Post by loria »

thanks to all who voted -- they came in Second-- by about 3 percent to another deserving group in FLA.-- the fact that a little group from maine could do that well is really a testament to how much everyone helped out!-- so thank you all very much!
now we just need to figure out how to get community care a reliable vehicle! :?