Name of Villa on Maho Rd/Entrance?

Travel discussion for St. John
NJsurfsup

Name of Villa on Maho Rd/Entrance?

Post by NJsurfsup »

Dropped friends off at Maho last week and passed a villa that was on the Maho entrance road. Anybody know what Villa this is and do they rent it?

Thanks
Pia

Re: Name of Villa on Maho Rd/Entrance?

Post by Pia »

I have no idea where or what you are talking about (and I walk or drive that road almost daily) There is the new bathroom and pavilion right on the beach - where exactly (and what colour) is this "villa"

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

Are you talking about the entrance road to the Maho campground? If so that is the house I was just at--Francis Bay Estate. I did a review in the villa section and it is repped by Catered To.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
Pia

Post by Pia »

Now that would make sense - I was thinking Maho beach when he said dropped them off at Maho :)

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
DonnaM

Post by DonnaM »

Liamsaunt - I just looked for the review and it is not there. Was it very recently that you posted it? I would love to read it because I looked at that villa for our trip last July but was worried about no a/c in the living areas in the summer. I would have been fine but my husband and 2 sons ( aka the big babies ) would have complained. I read some reviews that mentioned the summertime heat because there was not a lot of air moving. Did you find that to me a problem?
Pat

Post by Pat »

DonnaM...the review doesn't appear until you click on VIOL villa reviews, then it appears. Looks like a glitch in the system.
NJsurfsup

Post by NJsurfsup »

Hi All ,
Thanks for the info. I believe that has to be it because it is the only villa on the entrance road to the campground (sorry Pia I should have clarified).
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

Hmm...I don't see my review anymore either. It was there the day I wrote it! Not sure if it's a glitch or not. I hope so because I don't want to retype the whole thing!

DonnaM, I did not find the great room to be uncomfortable. There are ceiling fans and floor fans in the room to keep a breeze moving. The upper deck has sun shades that we would put down in the afternoon to help with the heat. I only remember two occasions where I felt a bit warm/sticky and when that happened I just jumped in the pool to cool down.

Last summer we rented a house in Virgin Grand Estates, and I found that home's deck and great room to be much wamer than FBE--even though the great room had AC. When the sun was setting we could not stay outside for more than a few minutes at a time because it was so hot. The sunsets were amazing from there though!

If you have any other questions about the house just let me know. Hopefully my review will reappear at some point.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
lprof

Post by lprof »

liamsaunt wrote:Hmm...I don't see my review anymore either. It was there the day I wrote it! Not sure if it's a glitch or not. I hope so because I don't want to retype the whole thing!
Thanks to
Pat wrote:DonnaM...the review doesn't appear until you click on VIOL villa reviews, then it appears. Looks like a glitch in the system.
I found it...
http://www.virgin-islands-on-line.com/villa-reviews/

I feel sure that Anthony will discover and smooth out all the glitches before long.
... no longer a stranger to paradise
Muhaha

Post by Muhaha »

NJsurfsup wrote:Hi All ,
Thanks for the info. I believe that has to be it because it is the only villa on the entrance road to the campground (sorry Pia I should have clarified).
It could also be Sunnyledge, which is a TERRIFIC villa. To tell the difference, once you make the initial turn off the main road to go up the hill towards Maho (right before Francis parking area), halfway thru the drive up the hill is Francis Bay Estate. If you keep going up the hill, there is a left turn required to get to the campground office. Sunnyledge is directly in front of that turn, with a distinctly red roof.