What's the wierdest thing you pack?

Travel discussion for St. John
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

liamsaunt wrote:Maybe strange to others but not to me: I always bring my own chef's knife, a microplane, a screwpull wine opener, and a customized to the trip spice kit. I like to cook and these tools make doing so easier.
I have a dedicated openner that stays in the luggage.
augie

Post by augie »

PA Girl wrote:I have a dedicated openner that stays in the luggage.
Doesn't that make it tougher to use?

:twisted:
Come see us!
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

augie wrote:
PA Girl wrote:I have a dedicated openner that stays in the luggage.
Doesn't that make it tougher to use?

:twisted:
Ha! Actually I have, the one that stays in the luggage is the back-up because I have another one for the Polar Bear. Being without means to open a bottle would be a true vacation crisis.
chrisn

Post by chrisn »

Pretty sure I have most everyone beat...Guilty Pleasure...Cheese Sauce!

I get these big cheese sauce mix packets from my local bread store...it's too die for! If I go without it for too long...I have withdrawals.

I'm no gourmet cook! I'm fast, cheap, & easy! :lol:
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

Chrisn, you sound like my mom. She takes several varieties of specialty chocolates for her various "needs." Her bag got delayed one trip and I thought she was going to freak out, she was actually pacing back and forth.
Bonny in CA

Post by Bonny in CA »

I didn't take anything too strange on our first trip, but this year I'm planning to bring some sourdough french bread!!

I wish Coral Bay had a bakery!!
54b

Post by 54b »

I like to bring a used FedEx box containing one ice skate and a blood stained volleyball.

I find that most of my fellow beach goers agree that the attempt at comedic relief more than made up for their momentary feelings of terror.
It’s not about yesterday or tomorrow...It’s about today, for come what may – Sun, rain, or hurricane – we've only time for a smile, and none for sorrow
mit43

Post by mit43 »

WILSON!!!
Tim
Just Another Day in Paradise!!!
paulandtracie

Post by paulandtracie »

54b wrote:I like to bring a used FedEx box containing one ice skate and a blood stained volleyball.

I find that most of my fellow beach goers agree that the attempt at comedic relief more than made up for their momentary feelings of terror.
Haha I love it! Now that is funny stuff.
[/url]
Lakeman

Post by Lakeman »

I brought a power inverter last summer. It was worth it even going carry-on only. At Maho, we'd send my son from the beach to the jeep every time our cups were empty and he'd return with frozen daiquiris. He didn't really care for the nickname Blender Boy though.
Once in awhile you get shown the light
in the strangest places if you look at it right.
alsea

Post by alsea »

I'm still not sure what to pack, but i am bringing a cribbage board and beef jerky!
Sumerwaters

Post by Sumerwaters »

Ok this makes me sound like such a cheapskate, but I bring ice cube trays. Most places only have 1 or 2. I bring about 8 more and make my own ice for the daily cooler. It is so much more convienent. The cheap ones stack easily and don't weigh much in the luggage.
Florida Girl

Post by Florida Girl »

Sumerwaters wrote:Ok this makes me sound like such a cheapskate, but I bring ice cube trays. Most places only have 1 or 2. I bring about 8 more and make my own ice for the daily cooler. It is so much more convienent. The cheap ones stack easily and don't weigh much in the luggage.
Brilliant! :D
nuendelcapecod

Weirdest packed thing

Post by nuendelcapecod »

We bring a wind chime, an inexpensive one from Christmas Tree Shop or Job Lot. It adds to the ambience on the campsite. And then we leave it behind for the next guest to enjoy or destroy. We also bring St. Pat's Day garlands, hats, socks to wear to the parade.
scoob

Post by scoob »

We bring our hors devourves..
1000 Islands cheese,River Rat sharp cheddar.
Summer sausage
Franks sweet chili dipping sauce
conveniently packed in the polar bear cooler

crackers and booze I can find...