Prayers please!

Travel discussion for St. John
cmw5682

Post by cmw5682 »

So sorry :-(
Sadly, I am tickerless :(
Bonny in CA

Post by Bonny in CA »

So sorry this happened to your son, he's so young! Glad to hear that the prognosis is good, prayers are being sent!

Another positive experience... My grandma's best friend had an extremely serious stroke about 25 years ago, in her early 70's. They didn't think she would make it through the night. Well, she did, and in no time at all she was just as spunky and as opinionated as ever before!
Here it is 25 years later, she is now in her mid 90's, and she is still going strong!! :)
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

You've got the prayers coming! I'm going to say some for the staff at the hospital, too, since dad the doc is coming to supervise care. I'm in medicine, and I'm pret-ty demanding when I'm supervising care :wink:
When I read that I chuckled!
traveler22

Post by traveler22 »

Sending prayers for a quick recovery
byado18

Post by byado18 »

Thanks to all! I knew this was a place to come for support! Just as STJ is the place we all go for healing!

He is home. Most of the weakness has subsided. He was at Roosevelt!

Tests revealed an atrial septal defect which will need surgery in 4-8 weeks. It is minimally invasive and the MD says it is 100%! It is actually lucky this occurred when and where it did! He travel over seas a lot for work and I hate to think about this happening away from home. Also, the impact of this can cause more cardiac impairment and this way it will be handled sooner rather than later.

Thanks again! Well touch base as things on!

May this season of renewal..... Passover and Easter and whatever else you might celebrate..... Bring us all peace!

Ps...LOL about comment out MD supervising care. Actually everything was done by the time he got there but amazingly he approved! :-)
Jan&MikeVa

Post by Jan&MikeVa »

I am so sorry..........I am sending my prayers and positive thoughts to your son. Actually to all of you, just doesn't seem fair.
loria

Post by loria »

so glad that he is ok! asked about those hospitals because i work at one and my husband at the other-- so ... anyway-- sounds like he is in good hands and things will be fine. scary stuff for all though!
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
ifloat

Post by ifloat »

I'm so glad to hear that the prognosis is good. Keeping you in my thoughts. When my husband had a stroke, this forum was one of the first places I turned to for support.

Carolyn
Knolmom

Prayers

Post by Knolmom »

Our prayers are with you and your family. Please PM me if you need anything in NY or there is anything I can do. I am retired and have all the time in the world to help.
Capn Dan and Ruby

Post by Capn Dan and Ruby »

Absolutely! Glad to hear he is ok! I have been there, and I am a good deal older. It is seriously scary when your body does not work right. He needs to be sure to take that asprin every day to lessen the problem of repete. My friend did not take her asprin carefully and she had a repeat performance. She was lucky and had no damage.
pnoeric

Post by pnoeric »

Glad to hear he's ok and that the next step is a (relatively) easy one. John and I are keeping him in our thoughts and prayers!
Eric Mueller (& John McCann)
Last Minute Island Vacation villa rentals
byado18

Post by byado18 »

Thanks to all for your support!

Doug is home and back working part time. He saw both the neurologist and cardiologist today and all prognosis are good! They expect him to be in 100% within 4 weeks and the will schedule surgery!

i will head to NYC there in 10 days!

My children have gone to STJ with my partner and I every other year for 10 years.... I think he will join us for a few days in December....