Dinner Reservations

Travel discussion for St. John
IndyKato

Dinner Reservations

Post by IndyKato »

I've seen a few messages on here about dinner reservations -- mostly about making reservations at Zozo's well in advance.

I am wondering if it is necessary to make dinner reservations at other restaurants (such as Rhumblines, The Lime Inn, Banana Deck, La Tapa, Waterfront Bistro, La Plancha. . .etc.)? I'm also wondering if it depends on the season or time of year you're there?

If reservations should be made at these places, how far in advance do I need to make them? Can I wait until I'm there? Can they be made the day of?

If I don't make a dinner reservation, is there usually a long wait?

Thanks for indulging all of my (probably stupid and annoying) newbie questions!
CBama

Post by CBama »

not stupid questions...I was going to ask same thing closer to my trip in June....
michigan girls

Post by michigan girls »

Can I throw in Fatty Crab as a question also. Ever since I read that trip report that had a picture of their panna cotta, I knew I had to eat dinner there at least once.
Lindy

Post by Lindy »

We were there in November and had no problem making reservations the same day that we wanted to go. Just have an Plan B in mind "just in case".
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

If it is 2 of you and you are flexible, then I would not worry too much but if you know that you want to have dinner at La Tapa, for example, on a specific night, then make a reservation.
Pia

Post by Pia »

When will you be here
Realtor - St John Properties
byado18

Post by byado18 »

It doesn't hurt to make them ahead by a few days depending on the time of year, day of week and time you want to eat.
nuendelcapecod

Dinner reservations

Post by nuendelcapecod »

My only experience has been with Fish Trap, Lime Inn and then this year Rhumb Lines. We dine early, were the first ones in at 5:30 at Rhumb Lines, always have made a reservation a day or so ahead. REALLY loved Rhumb Lines.
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

If you are planning something special and want to eat at the bar at ZoZo's or the rail at Asolare, make reservations. How far ahead depends on the season. Otherwise, if you're only 2 and flexible, reservations shouldn't be needed.

We travel in November and the only place we've had to wait was the Lime Inn.
janet