Where is the cheapest priced place to stay?

Travel discussion for St. John
vacagirl

Where is the cheapest priced place to stay?

Post by vacagirl »

As some of you know, I recently posted a topic "If money was no object, where would you stay".
NOW, I'm wondering, if money was an object, where would be the cheapest place you could stay at. Meaning: villa, condo, BB, etc.
Beesmom

Post by Beesmom »

Baresite on Cinnamon Bay! ($32 a day)

-Sandy
mit43

Post by mit43 »

We stay at Lavender Hills when we are trying to save money. Nice Place!
Tim
Just Another Day in Paradise!!!
Kim

Post by Kim »

We are trying to watch the budget for our next trip coming up in August and have booked a room at Sailview for just under $900 for the week (low season rate and including taxes). Never been before, but the reviews are amazing. Still can't believe the price!! Best of luck!
melmd

Post by melmd »

This is how we travel.
Least expensive place we stayed was Artistic Villas (villa bougelvilla (sp??). Basic but was perfect for our small family, private, yet close to town. Around $900.00 for the week.
cmw5682

Post by cmw5682 »

My cheapest was Surf Sound near Coral Bay and LOVED it. The driveway was an adventure, but a fun adventure!!
Sadly, I am tickerless :(
Pia

Post by Pia »

The cheapest place or the cheapest place I would want to stay at :)

If ever I were to move away from St John only to return on vacation Sailview would be the only place for us to stay - beautiful rooms and hosts and cheap - personally I think the rates could be more (OK a lot more) and it would still be the best value on St John :)

http://www.sailviewstjohn.com/

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
Kim

Post by Kim »

Pia, your post about Sailview just made me EVEN MORE excited about our upcoming stay there!! I didn't think that was possible!
parafins

Post by parafins »

Samuel Cottages.Cable t.v.,air,o.k. view,close to town,and friendly owners!$700.00 a week.Cottage#2 in the center.Image
HELLO FROM MICHIGAN...
toes in the sand

Post by toes in the sand »

The cheapest place that we have stayed at was on our first trip staying on StJ. We stayed at a place called Woodrose. That was 1997 or so? I am not sure it is still there or still called such. We liked it. It was comfortable and the location was good in Fish Bay. The owner was great in giving us advice on where to go and what to do.
"got a drink in my hand and my toes in the sand"
Lovermont

Post by Lovermont »

Pia wrote:If ever I were to move away from St John only to return on vacation Sailview would be the only place for us to stay - beautiful rooms and hosts and cheap - personally I think the rates could be more (OK a lot more) and it would still be the best value on St John :)
LOL, I keep telling Mike & Eileen that they should raise their rates, for everyone but us - of course! I'll amend that to say, "The Lovermonts, and Pia, who referred us to Sailview."
ColumbiaSCTraveler

Post by ColumbiaSCTraveler »

We ADORE Sail View! Such a gem! Mike and Eileen are FABULOUS!
deejayjay

Post by deejayjay »

Our first trip, we stayed at Harmony Suites at Maho Camps. They're at the top of the Maho hillside. A studio type room. Small kitchen. Couch and chairs, Dining table and chairs, and bed. Large balcony that overlooks Maho and Frances. Beautiful views. Bath( real toilet, not composting toliet like concordia) with shower. It was 140.00 per night off season. Made of all recycled or eco friendly material. Not elegant, but quite nice. All bedding and towels provided.
stjchica

Post by stjchica »

Wish Sailview had a small pool or hot tub...
~Pam~
"Barefoot in the snow white sand
A bag of sea shells in her hand
She finally found a paradise it seems..."
cindygad

Post by cindygad »

Sailview will always have a special place in my heart. It is where we fell in love with St John. Eileen and Mike are a big part in the success as perfect hosts. Spotless room, beautiful view, and budget friendly are the definite draws to sailview.