Best vacation rental on St. John??

Travel discussion for St. John
vacagirl

Best vacation rental on St. John??

Post by vacagirl »

If money was no object...what would be the best vacation rental, on the beach on St. John? :wink:
lprof

Post by lprof »

It may be a matter of opinions and tastes... my choice would easily be Presidio del Mar on Peter Bay. Hope you will find your dream place!

http://www.flipkey.com/peter-bay-villa-rentals/p256095/
... no longer a stranger to paradise
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

I think I would pick A La Mer with Kismet as a close second
Teresa_Rae

Re: Best vacation rental on St. John??

Post by Teresa_Rae »

vacagirl wrote:If money was no object...what would be the best vacation rental, on the beach on St. John? :wink:
If you're talking about being on a white sand beach, you've only got two options:

http://www.gibneybeachvillas.com/
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

Oops, I didn't read the on the beach...so A La Mer is the choice, but it is more than many people make in a year for just one week.
philbetm

Post by philbetm »

We certainly are not at that ...Money is no object...
status but we are going to get to stay in June at one of my fantasy places...Acqua Blu !! :D Kismet is another fantasy...but will never have that kind of money! :(

Sherry in SC
" I believe there's Magic here...."
BeAsUR

Post by BeAsUR »

2 words : Bongo Bongo
Here's a toast to you on the coast....

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Knolmom

Best Villa

Post by Knolmom »

I will vote for 2B Peter Bay. Just nex door to Presidio but it does have direct white sand beach access to Peter Bay. We were married there in 2000 and it is even better now.
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

If money is truly no object and you want to be right on the beach, how about this:

http://www.caribbeanvilla.com/property/ ... ach-house/

It's not in my budget, but I understand Peyton Manning likes to stay there. :wink:
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
vacagirl

Post by vacagirl »

Thank You for all the feedback. I am definitely not at the "money is no object", but I thought it was a good question to ask and just see what everybody thought. I do wish money was no object because I would love to stay in the Presidio, it looks AMAZING!!
I would also love to get hooked up with someone that needed a house sitter on St. John for about 3-4 weeks, I would definitely do that. But, I'll just keep dreaming, LOL.
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

Money no object? Gibney Beach Villas, Peter Bay Beach House or Cottage 7 at Caneel.
augie

Post by augie »

I think I'd charter one of those yachts I keep seeing in Captain John's pictures, and moor it off of any beach I bloody well chose to!
Come see us!
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

augie wrote:I think I'd charter one of those yachts I keep seeing in Captain John's pictures, and moor it off of any beach I bloody well chose to!
During our last trip, Mr. PA and I spent a fun boozy-fueled hour discussing the pros and cons of staying on one of those yachts versus the Beach House. He voted house because he doesn't want to "commute" to the beach. I voted yacht because someone else does all the cooking.
snorkelqueen

Post by snorkelqueen »

Ha! I just saw this thread and I have to say if money were no object ....... I'd have to BUY on St. John. Always #1 on my list if I win the lottery.
vacagirl

Post by vacagirl »

Buying would DEFINITELY be an option if I won the lottery too, but as I tell my husband, you have to play to win and since I don't play.......