Coral Bay - Anyplace to get sandwiches made?

Travel discussion for St. John
Need2GetAway

Coral Bay - Anyplace to get sandwiches made?

Post by Need2GetAway »

Just wondering if there's anyplace in Coral Bay to get sandwiches made for the cooler. Thanks.
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

There was a place upstairs in Cocolobo that changed owners and names several times. I don't know if it's open now. It was on the opposite side from Lily's Market. Actually, I think they'll make sandwiches for you in the deli of Lily's.
Image[/url]
Pia

Post by Pia »

Your villa :)
Realtor - St John Properties
mit43

Post by mit43 »

Pia wrote:Your villa :)
Where is the "Like" button! LOL
Tim
Just Another Day in Paradise!!!
Need2GetAway

Post by Need2GetAway »

No! Not the villa! I refuse!
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

Need2GetAway wrote:No! Not the villa! I refuse!
You refuse to throw some turkey between 2 slices of bread with a little mayo?
I get not wanting to cook, but not wanting to make a sandwich?
Need2GetAway

Post by Need2GetAway »

Okay. Nevermind. lol
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

Need2GetAway wrote:Okay. Nevermind. lol
I am actually curious about this.
I know a ton of people that refuse to cook big meals and others that refuse to eat out but I have never heard of someone that refuses to even make a sandwich. Not judging at all, just curious.
Chris @ Work

Post by Chris @ Work »

I am all for saving money but the Pink Cadillac at the Grotto is fabulous and we always split one on the beach. Not in Coral Bay but worth the trip?
[/url]
GraysonDave

Post by GraysonDave »

Xislandgirl wrote:
LOL, I can tell you're genuinely confused about this, but some folks really REALLY "need to get away" from everyday life on vacation.

Last trip we cooked at the villa (actually the other couple cooked) one night. Way too much effort.
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

GraysonDave wrote:
Xislandgirl wrote:
LOL, I can tell you're genuinely confused about this, but some folks really REALLY "need to get away" from everyday life on vacation.

Last trip we cooked at the villa (actually the other couple cooked) one night. Way too much effort.
I really am! :D
I work 2 full time jobs, my husband works 12 hour days, when we get away, we REALLY need it but we cook one or two nights MAX. I guess I don't consider making a sandwich even remotely taxing...mind you I never do make a sandwich, I like Deli Grotto or Sam and Jacks better, but I would make one without question and not consider it cooking.
lpowmacback

Post by lpowmacback »

The first time we stayed on STJ we ate most breakfasts out (usually @ Chilly Billy's - which is no longer there) and had all dinners out - and made or picked up healthy snacks/light lunches on the go. Our 2nd time on STJ, also @ Gallows, we started eating more breakfasts in - mostly due to wanting to eat healthier and save on time so we could get out hiking or snorkeling sooner - but all dinners were out at restaurants. Last time we stayed in Coral Bay (Bay House) we made all breakfasts at the villa and made up snacks/light lunches to eat there or take along. Sometimes we stopped at Miss Lucy's to pick up a roti to bring back to the villa. We really love to eat all dinners out when on vacation - for us, it's part of the experience - so I get not wanting to make things -some people may not have plans to have a lot of sandwiches - so it's silly to have to go buy a loaf of bread and the fixings that go with making a yummy sandwich.

I'm sure Shipwreck Landing (not far) would make up sandwiches - and Miss Lucy has yummy rotis!
Peace,

Lisa
Need2GetAway

Post by Need2GetAway »

Xislandgirl - Here is what I'm confused about: Do you honestly believe I don't know that I COULD make a sandwich in the villa??? I was asking something else though...

Chris@Work - We bought that sandwich twice last time we were on St. John. Loved it!
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

Need2GetAway wrote:Xislandgirl - Here is what I'm confused about: Do you honestly believe I don't know that I COULD make a sandwich in the villa??? I was asking something else though...

Chris@Work - We bought that sandwich twice last time we were on St. John. Loved it!
I am pretty confident that you can make a sandwich. I was just wondering about refusing to make one.
I really am curious if there are travelers that will not make any type of food, including a sandwich on vacation.
I thought that most folks that rented villas did so to have the option to be able to prepare a few meals. I am not sure I have ever heard of a villa renter that choose to not prepare any meals.

No judgement, I really am curious.
lpowmacback

Post by lpowmacback »

I can understand it... although as I said, we make breakfasts & snacks/light lunches... we opt for all dinners @ restaurants. For many people, it's just part of the vacation experience to not have to spend time shopping & preparing - and enjoy trying new places and sampling the cuisine of where they are.
Peace,

Lisa