Wedding in November?

Travel discussion for St. John
JBS

Wedding in November?

Post by JBS »

The last time I visited St John was in August a few years back. It was rainy at least once a day (which was not at all an issue, the weather besides that was beautiful), but it of course meant that the mosquitoes were wild. We would like to get married in St John (Maho Bay for the wedding, restaurant in town for dinner/reception), but we're concerned about the time of year and whether we will be stuck with mosquitoes. We were aiming for early Nov (in order to help with people's work schedules, we have a few days off then), but I'm reading conflicting things about whether that is an ok time to travel. The people at Maho Bay told us it would probably be lower rain and bugs than Aug-Oct. We will have a few toddlers in attendance (and I will be still nursing an infant) so a few of us will not be able to use DEET. Any suggestions?
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

If there is a lot of rain beforehand, there will be mosquitos. No way to know for certain if it will rain before you arrive.

If you are planning a ceremony just before sunset then you will likely get no see'ums, so the time of your ceremony will likely affect the bugs more than the weather.
vacagirl

JBS

Post by vacagirl »

JBS, I have sent you a PM message. :?:
My Heart is in St. John!