Hiring Rachel Brown for the return trip?

Travel discussion for St. John
Need2GetAway

Hiring Rachel Brown for the return trip?

Post by Need2GetAway »

We have a late departing flight and we like to have a Bloody Mary in the shopping district there on St. Thomas. Does it still make sense to hire Rachel to get to the airport?
greyhoundmom

Post by greyhoundmom »

Yes, because she'll drop you off in town, keep your luggage and pick you up at a designated time in the Green House Restaurant parking lot.
Need2GetAway

Post by Need2GetAway »

Thank you greyhoundmom. I'm trying to figure this out. On the way to St John we'll almost certainly take the Red Hook, so it's worth getting Rachel for sure. On the way back we could do the Charlotte Amalie and as I recall it was a cheap cab ride to the airport. I do like the idea of her holding our bags, I'm just not sure about the cost.
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

The Charlotte Amalie ferry seems to be hit or miss. It wasn't running at all when we left on Tuesday.

We did use Rachel on the return trip. She dropped us off in downtown so we could have lunch, held our luggage, and then picked us up to return to the airport.
janet
Capn Dan and Ruby

Post by Capn Dan and Ruby »

She does not charge extra for that service, but we always give her a nice tip. We always stop for lunch in CA with Greyhoundmom. We love Rachel!
Bonny in CA

Post by Bonny in CA »

I need Rachel's number. Anyone have it handy? In nine days we will be there, and it's our first time.

Most of what I've figured out, I've learned from this forum. So, thank you all for so much information!

One last weird question.... Best restaurant/food stand for picky eaters?

thank you much!

Bonny
St. John Newbie
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

St. John Newbie wrote:I need Rachel's number. Anyone have it handy? In nine days we will be there, and it's our first time.

Most of what I've figured out, I've learned from this forum. So, thank you all for so much information!

One last weird question.... Best restaurant/food stand for picky eaters?

thank you much!

Bonny
St. John Newbie
Do you arrive on the 26th? If so can you send me a PM?
rpplano

Post by rpplano »

Rachel's number is (340) 771-2986.
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

St. John Newbie wrote: One last weird question.... Best restaurant/food stand for picky eaters?

thank you much!

Bonny
St. John Newbie
We loved Gladys's for lunch. We like to eat local but I do remember the menu having lots of selections.

We did not like the Green House, at all. Maybe we hit an off night but it hit all three strikes for me - poor service, sort of crappy food and expensive. The location and the view is nice.
Need2GetAway

Post by Need2GetAway »

PA Girl - Those are both at Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas? Thanks.
Bonny in CA

Post by Bonny in CA »

thank you Rpplano!

MBW1024, Indeed we do arrive on the 26th. I replied to your PM, with our flight info.
It would be nice if we were on the same flight!
Lindy

Post by Lindy »

We ate at Gladys's a couple weeks ago and it was excellent. Also - it ALWAYS seems to be as hot as Hades on St. Thomas the day we leave and the Green House is open air. It was around 90 and just too hot to eat there. Gladys's is nicely air conditioned and is a much nicer atmosphere, less "touristy" and looks like it is geared towards a more sedate crowd (locals and business crowd?). It's only about a block away from the Green House too.