Finding eats later Thanksgiving day

Travel discussion for St. John
brenda

Finding eats later Thanksgiving day

Post by brenda »

I have arrived on STJ a couple of times later in the day on Thanksgiving and found the food pickin's pretty slim. We will probably not be able to have dinner til 7-8pm. Anyone know what might be open this year at this time in Cruz Bay? Last year, we had too many rum drinks no real dinner. We were the first ones at Deli Grotto when the doors opened the next am :lol: . Also, if the locals know if Bayside Mini Mart is open, we can always get a frozen pizza for substenance. Thanks!
Going "home" again October 26th!
onthelake

Post by onthelake »

Hi Brenda
Yep we are in the same boat arriving late 6pm ferry ... what will be open on Thanksgiving?
Thanks everyone for your help!
Pam
[/url]
madelon

Fish Trap Open Thanksgiving

Post by madelon »

The Fish Trap serves a full menu plus Thanksgiving dinner on Thanksgiving Day www.thefishtrap.com
(340)693-9994
brenda

Post by brenda »

Thanks! I just called them and they are serving dinner until 9pm. The full menu and Thanksgiving dinner. They were also very nice and said if we were running late that we could call them and they would make us a "to go" plate! Never ate there before, so will give it a try.
Jen East End

Post by Jen East End »

I received this information from my villa rental company:
If you’re planning on having your Thanksgiving meal at a restaurant, do not forget to make advance reservations.

These are the restaurants opened for Thanksgiving:
Morgan’s Mango- Dinner only reservation required Caribbean island specialties as well as at least one tasty vegetarian dish every evening
La Plancha- Lunch and Dinner – reservation recommended- This intimate restaurant serves hot and cold small plates and excellent nightly specials
Banana Deck – dinner only – reservation recommended -Casual outdoor dining overlooking Cruz Bay
Lime Inn- Lunch and dinner – reservation recommended- Special Seafood entrees
Fatty Crabs- Lunch- reservation required- New restaurant serving meat and seafood Asian/Caribbean flare. Intimate setting in the heart of Cruz Bay.
[/url]
brenda

Post by brenda »

Thanks for the info. Will probably see if the Banana Deck is still open. Looks like we have a couple of options. Will just have to drop our stuff off and go.
ms411

Post by ms411 »

I don't think the Lime Inn will be open for Thanksgiving. When I called them earlier in the week, they said they would be closed.

Cinnamon Bay's Restaurant usually has Thanksgiving menu.

Starfish has their deli Thanksgiving menu with turkey, ham, two kinds of stuffing, mashed potatoes, seasoned rice, cabbage and maybe something else.

Still trying to find out what JJ's will be having.

I'm looking for an early meal!
I Like to KIS (Keep It Simple)
RickG

Post by RickG »

We're likely going to head over to Skinny Legs (closed) for the Thankspiggin'. I'm sure there will be signs about Coral Bay. If not, La Plancha is bloody good.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI