Wrangler Unlimited Vs. Liberty

Travel discussion for St. John
SusieQT

Wrangler Unlimited Vs. Liberty

Post by SusieQT »

Which is more spacious &/or a better choice for 2 adults & 2 kids? The kids are 8 years old, average to small sized.

Thanks!
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

Anything but a Wrangler. There is no space for beach stuff, bags, etc in a Wrangler.
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

Liberty is definately a more user-friendly vehicle in terms of loading and unloading stuff at the beach and security (being able to shut the window and lock the doors.)

The males in my life overruled me this year and we are getting a Wrangler for the first time since 2005, the year I swore to never get a Wrangler again.
augie

Post by augie »

The Wrangler Unlimited is, I believe, a 4-door. The one we just rented for 14 days had plenty of room for four adults and all of the stuff that we hauled to the beach - coolers, chairs, beach bags, etc.

I would agree that the 2-door would be cramped.
Come see us!
Gigi

Post by Gigi »

The 4 door Wrangler Unlimiteds have plenty of room for 4 with gear. It will have the hard top on and there should be no issues with windows or security.
jmq

Post by jmq »

Agree that the 4 door Wrangler would be preferred over the Liberty which suffers from lame design, but the Liberty would be a better choice than than the 2 door Wrangler which have very limited space for 4 plus their stuff.
When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide
piscesgirl0314

Post by piscesgirl0314 »

If its the 4 door wrangler thats what I would choose. We rented one on our trip in July...it had plenty of space for four adults and one child...good cargo room as well...
bdkane

Post by bdkane »

2DR jeep is a hassle,very little room and getting kids in and out of the back is a problem the Unlimited is the 4 door and a I feel is a better choice than a liberty, I believe it may have a little more storage space
momto3boys

Post by momto3boys »

jmq wrote:Agree that the 4 door Wrangler would be preferred over the Liberty which suffers from lame design, but the Liberty would be a better choice than than the 2 door Wrangler which have very limited space for 4 plus their stuff.
What is wrong with the Liberty design? Just style? I think that is what husband rented for our trip.
jmq

Post by jmq »

Nothing “wrong” and perfectly adequate for a week. Not that the Wrangler will win any prizes in these categories either, but it was just a personal "compare and contrast" observation made in terms of ergonomics, drivability, and “feel” that the Liberty made me real glad to get back into our Honda CRV at home. But, my wife tells me that I tend to pick nits about that kind of stuff :lol:
When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide