17 years ago..

Travel discussion for St. John
parafins

17 years ago..

Post by parafins »

I post about this time ever year,about our wedding and our first visit to St.John.Saturday was our 17th,and 17 years ago Sunday we flew out for a 2 week honeymoon.One week St.John{Hyatt}and one week St.Thomas{Sapphire Beach Resort}We took a Fodors guide book with us,which was a great help.I spent this past Sunday hanging a cedar ceiling in our basement while my wife watched our honeymoon video.It was great fun,and we are so glad that we filmed it.Boy you sure could find alot of ignorance on the tape."honey is that Great Thatch? No that's Whistling Cay...Oh....." and so on.The island changed us and we can never get enough "Island Time"Dan and Val{Parafins}Image
HELLO FROM MICHIGAN...
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

16 years ago, I remember going to the Hyatt for a drink and to take a look around.

We honeymooned on STJ and I still carry that same type resort card (from Caneel)in my wallet.
Jen East End

Post by Jen East End »

That's just about how long ago we made our first trip to the USVI's! Stayed on St. Thomas at our cousins place on Cowpet Bay. Made two trips to St John for dinner and drinks afterwards at Pussers before catching the ferry back! Fell in love with St John and vowed to return someday. Took us many years, now we are regular addicts! Congrats on 17 years!
[/url]
ccasebolt

Post by ccasebolt »

16 years ago (July '95) we spend our honeymoon at Estate Concordia and Caneel Bay. I carry the miniature Caneel Bay flashlight in my toiletry bag - and it still works!
parafins

Post by parafins »

Jen East End wrote:That's just about how long ago we made our first trip to the USVI's! Stayed on St. Thomas at our cousins place on Cowpet Bay. Made two trips to St John for dinner and drinks afterwards at Pussers before catching the ferry back! Fell in love with St John and vowed to return someday. Took us many years, now we are regular addicts! Congrats on 17 years!
Thank you!I remember Pussers.We stopped there for lunch,and I had a painkiller.It hit me like a ton of bricks!I couldn't finish it because I knew I had to drive back to the Hyatt,and my wife was not going to drive on those "killer"roads.After all the trips we made to St.John since,I'm the only one that drives. :? Ccasebolt,Caneel was on our list,but at the time,no phone,tv,and air?,was a big factor for my wife.For me I could live with out all of those.Caneel is on my wish list to visit.At least 2 days on Scott Beach would be nice! :D
HELLO FROM MICHIGAN...
GoldenDaze

Post by GoldenDaze »

It was 1992 for us at the Hyatt. That picture of the swimming pool in the travel brochure got us (pre internet). We rented a little 4 x 4 with a manual transmission and drove out to the east end - what a ride. Never thought in a zillion years that we would have built a house on STJ, something we accomplished in 2010. I guess sometimes dreams do come true!
strat62

20 yrs ago today.....

Post by strat62 »

Sgt. Pepper taught the band to play. :)

seriously, congrats on the 17 yrs (and many more). looking forward to STJ #1 for us in march.