The Good News Is....

Travel discussion for St. John
Ms.Montana

The Good News Is....

Post by Ms.Montana »

The good news is we are gong to St. John. The bad news is airfare was $995. YIKES! But the good news is WE ARE GOING TO ST. JOHN!
bevm

Post by bevm »

Per person???
Lindy

Post by Lindy »

OMG - it sucks being from Montana for travel to St. John. Pretty nice the other 51 weeks of the year though.
mnfun2bme

flight from Montana

Post by mnfun2bme »

Ms. Montana... congrats on the "going to St. John" part.... ewww... the airfare! Minneapolis to St. Thomas in January is over $800, too. Ugly fares this year! Thank heaven for frequent flier miles - (40,000 miles + $15) will get me there and back through Atlanta in January.

Last year I found that it was much, much cheaper to fly to O'Hare on Friday and take the first US Airways flight out in early morning through Philly. By booking a multicity flight last year, I saved over $200 and got to St. Thomas by 2PM.

Montana flights are certainly high. We flew to Kallispell in July and flights prices were ugly for that, too.

Congrats on the trip!!!!
nuendelcapecod

Post by nuendelcapecod »

That is good news. The best I can get right now for our March trip is 1238 rt pp for two. Hoping it'll come down?
Capn Dan and Ruby

Post by Capn Dan and Ruby »

OMG! :shock: I don't know if we could do it for that! We have 2 tickets with points from our Visa, but still need to buy 3 more! And this year is super tight! :(
PA Girl

Re: The Good News Is....

Post by PA Girl »

Ms.Montana wrote:The good news is we are gong to St. John. The bad news is airfare was $995. YIKES! But the good news is WE ARE GOING TO ST. JOHN!
Yeah, we paid above $900 for coach last year to St. Maarten. Sure, there were less expensive options but we don't have the time (or patience) to deal with multiple and/or overnight layovers and horrible flight times.

For the first time in years, I used a travel agent to book our upcoming flights. We are spending a couple of days in San Juan, then flying to STT. I was actually quite pleased with the results.

The agent (Amex Travel) told me their trade sources are predicting that fares will stay high and not to expect any discounting for the regular season.
Ms.Montana

Post by Ms.Montana »

Yes, bevm that is per person and there are four of us going(painful). We did get two frequent flyer tickets at 70,000 miles each. We stay for two weeks because it takes us 2 days to get there and another 2 days to get home so 4 days of travel and with airfare so high you have to make it worth it - ya know? I see fares from the east coast and would love to pay those prices and get there in one day. We have been going to St John for the past 5 years. Next year we are going to check out places we can fly to in one day. It will save vacation time, two night in a hotel for the layover, and hopefully airfare. Possibly Ambergris Caye. Any other suggustions?