Anyone familar with Blue Palm Villa? Or Upper Carolina area?

Travel discussion for St. John
PA Girl

Anyone familar with Blue Palm Villa? Or Upper Carolina area?

Post by PA Girl »

We are villa shopping for our next trip and I saw an ad for Blue Palm Villa on the News of St. John website. I am not familar with it, is anyone?

The website says it is easily accessed from paved roads and is located in Upper Carolina. Thoughts on that area?

We are venturing out of the Cruz Bay area and it feels like I am a newbie, looking at houses all over Coral Bay and the ridge.

If anyone has any suggestions, we need 2-3 bedrooms, AC in the bedrooms, a pool and a location that is easy. Not interested in long bumpy drives, I have that at home.
Pia

Post by Pia »

Reef Madness :)

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
augie

Post by augie »

Pia wrote:Reef Madness :)
+1
Come see us!
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

I wish but they don't allow kids. Our son will be with us. (I already asked a year or so ago.)
Sara-J

Post by Sara-J »

We stayed in Blue Palm Villa last December and I wrote a review http://www.virgin-islands-on-line.com/s ... 5602.shtml

The house was lovely but there was some erosion on the road to the villa (Iron Mt Road I think). It made me a little uncomfortable driving across that area! I would find out if that road has been repaired.......

Sara
lazylane

Post by lazylane »

Blue Palm has been on our list for several years and it seems every time it's either booked or we have more people than it will accommodate!! We stayed on Ajax Peak Rd in March (right before Upper Carolina area) and in one word....VIEW!!!VIEW!!!VIEW!!! (okay so that's 3 words!!!) We are staying in Upper Carolina in December at Great Turtle Villa. We have driven all over Upper Carolina area and I don't recall any problem roads. I don't think you will be disappointed in staying on Coral Bay side!
Sara-J

Post by Sara-J »

I love Coral Bay and will stay in that area again. But here is a picture of the road that concerned me:
http://www.stjohntradewindsnews.com/ind ... &Itemid=38
bdkane

Post by bdkane »

I was on that road in late Nov, there where several other spots that had signs like that as well, All and all I didn't feel it was too unsafe - we just stayed away from the edge
tropicdawg

Post by tropicdawg »

Two years ago I met the owner "Woody" at Aqua Bistro. Looks like a lovely place and the owner was a nice guy. It is on our list if we ever need bigger accomodations.
Image[/img]
susan & herb

Post by susan & herb »

Check out Villa Carolina.
Great views, 3 bedrooms with inside access.
Not sure about children.
Need2GetAway

Post by Need2GetAway »

We recently stayed at Summer Wind, which is on Bordeaux Mtn but I think it's in one of the Carolina areas. It is very private, easy paved access, a large pool (but it was cool when we were there in April), hot tub, and excellent accommodations. The owners have kids and it seems fairly child friendly (as much as any of them I guess, there are still hazards...).
lpowmacback

Post by lpowmacback »

We stayed at Bay House in Coral Bay - a 30-second drive up the road from Crabby's. It has a fabulous, close view of the bay... 2 bedrooms, 2 1/2 bathrooms, pool, lots of decks, AC in the bedrooms - and ceiling fans everywhere. Lots of bang for the buck! We loved it and would go back next March - but it won't be available that week.
Peace,

Lisa