Got the Green Light !!!

Travel discussion for St. John
GidgetPicklebrain

Got the Green Light !!!

Post by GidgetPicklebrain »

FINALLY

As we stood facing rear on the ferry leaving St. John, with a tear in my eye, he said, "Don't worry. We'll be back." That was our 25th wedding anniversary trip, back in October of 2003. He wants to return in the summer of 2012 - we're thinking early August.

Can anyone tell me anything about this villa, pros and/or cons?
http://www.seascape-stjohn.com/

No ticker yet, but giddy with anticipation....
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. - Confucius

BRY1105

Post by BRY1105 »

Congrats! The wife & I visited on our honeymoon last summer; hope its not too long before we are able to return.
(Sorry, no info on the villa tho).
Bryan
bayer40601

Post by bayer40601 »

Gidget: Check your Private Messages.
How many more days?
wishiwasinthevi

Post by wishiwasinthevi »

That's wonderful! Congratulations!
I dont know what time of year you went on your previous trip but we have been on the island many times in early August and I can't imagine not having Central A/C that time of year. It's really warm. A/c in the bedrooms just doesn't cut it and makes for an unenjoyable trip for us.
Hope you have wonderful trip next year. And tell hubby that it can't possibly be 9 years between trips from now on!
GidgetPicklebrain

Post by GidgetPicklebrain »

It will be my sister's 30th anniversary Aug 7th. We are hoping they will be able to join us for the 7th - 14th.

We stayed at Estate Lindholm last trip and loved it there, but I want to venture into the world of villa rental this time around. We don't need anything fancy, but would like a pool (the lap pool on the above property appealed to me), 2 BR, AC. Hot tub would be a plus. Under $2,500 if at all possible.

Recommendations?

Off to search villa agencies & VRBO ....
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. - Confucius

Coden

Post by Coden »

Have a wonderful time planning!! 8)
Coden
Knolmom

Trip

Post by Knolmom »

Take a look at some of the homes at privatehomesvi.com They have a few that fit the bill for you and are a great rental agency to work with.
Seascape has been for sale at a reasonable price for some time now, so I imagine it will be sold within the next year. I would want a guarantee that they would honor any rental agreement you have, as I have a feeling that if they house has new owners they may want to take it off the market to do a remodel, as it looks a little long in the tooth.
Yes it is a great house at an affordable price, but unless you are renting soon I would pass on it. You might want to also look at island Time @ caribbeanvillas.com. Nice spot, nice price.