Rain

Travel discussion for St. John
bevm

Rain

Post by bevm »

The past few days have been somewhat overcast and we've had heavy rain at night. The island is greening up nicely. There has not been significant rainfall In STJ since Oct. so the cisterns are full and the residents are happy!
JJShaw

Post by JJShaw »

We are in Niagara Falls...its raining here as well and not supposed to stop until later in the week...but we are having a good time...:) Hopefully STJ rain will be gone when we get there..:)
[/url]
bevm

Post by bevm »

I know I'm in the minority but I'm always happy when it rains here as I know how they depend on it. We were sitting at Shipwreck and it started to rain and all of the staff started to applaud.
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

Bev- I agree with you- when we were there in March it was really brown - i had never seen the island that color. The one day a small storm came in- the locals were delighted and we were thrilled for them! In July when we were there - it rained a lot, but we still managed to snorkel nearly every day- just got up early and beat the storms, then took an afternoon nap to the sound of the rain!! It fills the cisterns and makes the island gorgeous! Glad you are having so much fun!!! :D
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
Seasister

Post by Seasister »

We need rain in Texas in a serious way, but I am glad the island is soaking it up now. We will be there in July and I could do without the rain then simply because of the bugs.
silverheels

Post by silverheels »

Raining here on the east coast too. I'll take a day in the rain on STJ over a rainy day here. Villa gravity is delightful.
Enjoy your day!
[/url]
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Rain! Yay! I left a can of Deep Woods Off there....use it up!! :D
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

You have such a great outlook, Bev! I'd have been bummed out by rain. Enjoy the last part of your vacation, and I hope you get to see some beautiful rainbows!
TrvlJohn

Post by TrvlJohn »

Rained last nite while we were at island blues with Poolmom and friends. Of course we just kept drinking until it let up enough to get back to the cars. It is overcast today but give me overcast in stj over sunny in nc any day.
Leap, and the net will appear.
- John Burroughs
Boston Mike

Post by Boston Mike »

There's something sexy about the rain. Of course being stuck with Bev in the middle of a monsoon was fantastic. They still need more rain down here, but let it hold off for our boat day tomorrow. Sun is poking out here in Cruz Bay, but I do smell rain.

See you in the morning John!
Life begins where the land ends!
Hawaii

Post by Hawaii »

Bev - Hope your having a great trip. The weather here is calling for rain all week so enjoy your time on STJ. Our first trip is getting closer and we all are getting excited rain or no rain.
rImage
deejayjay

Post by deejayjay »

We're here too. Been here since May 2. Very rainy the last week. But happy for the locals. Hubby has still gotten in lots of good hikes. Were going to head to snorkle this afternoon that we are now reconsidering after looking at the radar. Been fun watching the island turn green before our eyes. Leave tomorrow. So, sad.. . . I miss my dog though.
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

Boston Mike- Hope you have a great trip tomorrow with Captain John! Sounds like you and Bev had a blast last night- but anyone would have fun with Bev! Both of you enjoy the rest of your trip! :)
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
bevm

Post by bevm »

Thank you Les!!! No bugs Margo..