Black Sand Bistro

Travel discussion for St. John
Jost Kidding

Black Sand Bistro

Post by Jost Kidding »

This is a relatively new restaurant so I'm not finding much in the way of reviews. Any reviews or opinions on the place? Thanks!
loria

Post by loria »

i believe it's run by the same guys who do la plancha (it's in their old space) so it should b excellent
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
stjohnjulie

Post by stjohnjulie »

Yup, same guys as La Plancha and it's excellent! Their is a menu online over on www.on-stjohn.com. I've done carry out from them more than a few times and have always been more than pleased. They are also super accommodating to making changes to menu items. I have one picky eater and one restricted dieter in my family and we always all get just what we want. The prices are right too. I think the most expensive thing on their menu is $18.
designbyroe

Post by designbyroe »

Yes, La Plancha guys ROCK it once again. The food, the service all is amazing.....**** 4 stars

There's no $ sign on a peace of mind, this I've come to know
piscesgirl0314

Post by piscesgirl0314 »

YUM...I love their menu...we'll definately be checking them out...thanks... :D
wishiwasinthevi

Post by wishiwasinthevi »

Anybody know how big the pizzas are? Their menu looks great!
stjchica

Post by stjchica »

Oh my word...yes the menu looks delicious!! :D
~Pam~
"Barefoot in the snow white sand
A bag of sea shells in her hand
She finally found a paradise it seems..."
Betty

Post by Betty »

Was at Black Sands tonight, LOVE IT!!! My husband ordered the meat pizza and could not finish it! I love all the salads, shrimp and grits, specials and fried mushrooms. Mostly locals seem to frequent, prices are good and portions large.
For the summer crowd coming down, it is air conditioned and plenty of free parking. My only complaint is that they are closed Saturday and Sunday nights and locals pack it on Sunday brunch. They will take reservations, which we did tonight for 6 people. One of our guests had the burger, thick, juicy and excellent he said. Others had fish and chips, looked good, they cleaned their plates. Excellent Margaritas too!

It is my favorite casual/moderate priced restaurant on the island
Jost Kidding

Post by Jost Kidding »

We hit Black Sand Bistro tonight for dinner. This was one of the best meals we've had anywhere in a long time. Location makes it so easy to PARK! Great drinks, food, service...prices very reasonable, unbelievably reasonable. Two drinks each, two entrees and a shared dessert was $67 before tip.

In the same shopping center but on the third level is Sam & Jack's. We picked up lunch to go on the way back out to Fish Bay today. Excellent sandwiches in the $10 range but these sandwiches are huge and can easily be split with some really delicious tiramisu for dessert. They also have some pre-made dinners for take out that we may try this week.
Betty

Post by Betty »

Jost ... I am so happy you enjoyed the food at Black Sands Bistro and Sam and Jacks, sometimes I hesitate to recommend a place, because everybody's taste is different. You can't beat free parking and a/c too!!
sloopjones

Post by sloopjones »

Good food, nice selection, one of my favorites!

Sloop Jones
do you believe what you see or see what you believe