I finally resigned today!

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
Connie

I finally resigned today!

Post by Connie »

For 17 years I have worked for a real estate agency. I posted a thread awhile back about how unhappy I have been.

So many things have changed and it's like walking on egg shells in that office. I don't know if it's because the boss is going through manopause or it's just a change in my life, but I've never resigned or quit from any job I have ever had.

Every time I would drive to work, I just wanted to turn around and go home...I was that unhappy.

Now, no job, nothing in the works and I wonder where this will lead me. We all have bills to pay and I have no idea how I'm going to pay them.

Somebody tell me it will work out.
Last edited by Connie on Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
Bandit

Post by Bandit »

It will work out. :lol:
byado18

Post by byado18 »

How fortunate that you have the courage to allow yourself to make this decision!

You have the opportunity to recreate yourself and find something that will feel your spirit and your pocketbook!

Good luck!
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Good luck Connie! It's tough out there, I was unemployed for 10 months, but through networking I found an amazing job, so let everyone know you're looking!
jaq w

Post by jaq w »

Congratulations!

#1 - open champagne. Remembering Paul Claude's "Gentlemen, in the little moment that remains to us between the crisis and the catastrophe, we may as well drink a glass of Champagne."

#2 - figure out what you would love to do

#3 - chase it doggedly, it will be hard work, but if you do what you love, you won't mind.

Things may get tough. Remember some more immortal words from Frank Lloyd Wright: "give me the luxuries of life and I will gladly do without the necessities" (I read that one to mean - ok so I need to scrape together gas money, but in 10 days I'll be in St John).

Again congratulations.
Connie

Post by Connie »

Thanks all...this is a crying day. Mostly because I'm leaving good friends. (Except the boss).

I have spoken to quite a few people I know and all of them say "Good for you, about time".

Mom says it will work out and husband is supportive, but it's still sooooo hard after all these years.

Thank you all for your support.
Nic in KC

Post by Nic in KC »

I know it is hard to leave after so long! A few tears is an appropriate response. You obviously felt like it was time to go and something prompted that feeling (I call it God, you may call it something else). Regardless, whatever prompted you to leave will also lead you to something better!!

Wishing you a fulfilling new path!
ski2play

Post by ski2play »

Good Luck to you! I recently left a great job, with great people to follow my heart! It was very scary, but in the end, so wonderful and delightful. Things have a way of working out! You will be fine! Head up, smile on! Looking forward to hearing of your next adventure! :lol:
toni

Post by toni »

Couldn't have been good if you hated even driving in to work. Give yourself a little time to decompress and think about what you want to do or where your skill sets lie then start getting your name out there and let everyone know that you're looking. Like California girl writes networking is a good thing; if you belong to any groups or teams or whatever spread the word. Best of luck to you!
AH

Post by AH »

Connie,
Good for you. Life is too short to be unhappy in a situation you can get out of. Now that you have made your move and are free of that unhappiness enjoy each day. Do not waste time looking back. You should still be able to keep the friends you had at work-it just might take a little more effort.
AH
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

I have another 5 years before I can do that.
SOonthebeach

Post by SOonthebeach »

Great for you Connie! You will find what you love- I know it! Things have a way of working out.
bayer40601

Post by bayer40601 »

Congratulations. I can't give you advice like others, but I can tell you with the utmost confidence, if everyone on this Forum were to be totally honest for about 5 minutes, many, if not most, of them would tell you they wished they only had your courage. Best of luck in your quest.
How many more days?
Puddlejumper

Post by Puddlejumper »

Follow your passion! There is nothing like doing what you love to do. And it WILL all work out. I have done it twice now. :D
Connie

Post by Connie »

Thanks again. I do want to do something different, but I still want to work with people. I love animals and I love crafts.

I don't care if I make less money....just want to be happy!