Canon D10

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
Linward

Canon D10

Post by Linward »

Just got the Canon D10 for our upcoming trip to STJ and had a few questions. Can anyone recommend a case for the camera and it's accessories (charger, cables, instruction booklet, etc.). Looked at Case Logic's model DCB-303 online, but would like input from anyone that either has that case or any other that they found to their liking.

Also, in the instruction booklet, it says to soak the camera in fresh water for a couple of hours after use. Is this what you have found to be required, or is rinsing with fresh water satisfactory?

Finally, the instruction manual says to completely discharge the battery if not going to be using the camera for a while...what is the easiest/fastest way to accomplish this?
Life is an adventure.
Treasure each moment.
Joppa

Post by Joppa »

I bought a case for it and didn't like it. I can't remember what it was but it had a semi hard case. I now use my old 35mm bag. The camera fits in the accessories area, and a mini tri-pod, an extra battery and then some personal items go in the camera area. Works for me.

I do soak mine for an hour or more. Alright, there may have been that one night when I had a little too much to drink and forgot. I just rinsed it in the morning before we left for another day of adventure and it was fine.

I use my camera frequently so I don't bother. I would say to just scroll through your pictures. That seems to really eat up the battery faster than taking pictures. You may want to keep that in mind when you are out using it. The D10 is my first Digital so I don't have anything to compare it to, but I love mine. Have fun!
Linward

Post by Linward »

Joppa, Thanks for the feedback, unfortunately, I gave my niece my old SLR with case included. I will, then, soak the camera after use...can't hurt.
Life is an adventure.
Treasure each moment.