beach bar march 6

Travel discussion for St. John
Exit Zero

beach bar march 6

Post by Exit Zero »

Anyone else get to see The Fiddler on Sunday ?? - He has been entertaining VI audiences from way back - used to play at Sparky's on the STT waterfront in the 70's and now is often at Latitude 18 - if you get another chance don't miss the show.
mrscaptainjay

Post by mrscaptainjay »

I agree! Such a fun show. We go see him whenever we get a chance. We're going to see him tonight on STT at Tickles for the Mardi Gras party :-)
CariBert

Post by CariBert »

mrscaptainjay wrote:I agree! Such a fun show. We go see him whenever we get a chance. We're going to see him tonight on STT at Tickles for the Mardi Gras party :-)
Where is Tickles located now?

-Bert
The liver is evil, it must be punished!

Exit Zero

Post by Exit Zero »

Tickles is located in Crown Bay Marina in the STT Sub Base area.
CariBert

Post by CariBert »

Thanks Exit. Do they still have the upside down Christmas tree in there?

-Bert

Exit Zero

Post by Exit Zero »

The only upside down Xmas tree I really remember being famous was at "Raffles" out in Compass Point -- The owner was An Aussie and was celebrating Christmas Down Under with it year round.
CariBert

Post by CariBert »

Exit Zero wrote:The only upside down Xmas tree I really remember being famous was at "Raffles" out in Compass Point -- The owner was An Aussie and was celebrating Christmas Down Under with it year round.
You know you are exactly right! Now I remember - going to Compass Point and eating dinner at Raffles when we first started coming to STT. Don't know why I confused the name with Tickles. They do sound somewhat alike. We stayed at Secret Harbour and asked for a good resturant one evening and a taxi driver took us there. I remember the upside down tree and their cat was a lot of fun. There was also some entertainment, but I don't rememeber the guy's name. Played a guitar and sang some songs.

Thanks for jolting the ole memory box, Exit! That was some good times!!

-Bert

-Bert

Exit Zero

Post by Exit Zero »

They also had a piano bar and a the entertainer who played there was Gray-Gray-Gray -- lots of after dinner revelry.

Back to my original question -- was no one else at the Beach Bar to see the Sun Mountain Fiddler?