Bad Kitty

Travel discussion for St. John
cliffnchristi

Bad Kitty

Post by cliffnchristi »

Hello!
Thinking of taking a trip out on the Bad Kitty in mid-June. I know they cover a lot of places in one day, so I was wondering if anyone has done their trip and if they felt rushed. I like that they go to so many places, but if you're rushed and don't have a lot of time to explore, not sure it would be worth it.
JJShaw

Post by JJShaw »

We did Bad Kitty in April 09. The boat is great and crew were wonderful..But we did feel rushed to get around to seeing all the places..I just didnt feel like we had enough time to visit each place...Ive read that some enjoyed and would do it again...but for us, I think next time we will take one that doesnt go to so many places in one day...:)
[/url]
cliffnchristi

Post by cliffnchristi »

Thanks for the reply...looking at your ticker, looks like we're going to be on island at the same time!!! :D
JJShaw

Post by JJShaw »

We arrive the 9th for a few days...thinking we may just ferry over to Jost for the day this time..when do you arrive?
[/url]
steve

Post by steve »

I have taken them twice, last was Aug 2010. We had a great time and felt we had enough time at each place. Remember this is the fastest boat so you do spend less time'getting there and back' than other boats. The ride is much smoother also as it is a Catamarran. The open bar all the time was great!
LindaLa

Post by LindaLa »

We took Bad Kitty last May. It was a great day, but I could see how some might feel rushed. You cover a lot of ground in a day. The Kitty is fast and you get around quite quickly. I would have liked to snorkel a bit more and spend less time at the Baths. The crew was great, food and drink flowing all day. That was our first trip to St John so it was a good way to see quite a bit in one day. There was also quite a large area in the boat to sit to avoid being in the sun all day. I don't know I would do the same itinerary again, but we did enjoy ourselves and it was worth the money.
cliffnchristi

Post by cliffnchristi »

Thanks for all the replies...gonna give it some more thought before deciding..

JJShaw: We arrive on the 11th.
JJShaw

Post by JJShaw »

Hopefully we will see you there...maybe have a Beach Bar gathering as well...:) Let us know what you decide as far as a boat. We could possibly get a group together for a Charter.
[/url]
Tam-MO

Post by Tam-MO »

We took Bad Kitty in Oct 09. We felt a little rushed at the Baths. The open bar was great. The staff was great. One thing to be aware of is that you have to swim in to the Baths and back out to the Boat. The swim in wasn't bad but going back out to the boat was farther and harder. They offer you fins and noodles. Didn't need the noodle but make sure you take fins. You have to carry them with you as you are exploring the Baths but it's worth it. I am not a great swimmer so I needed them. Have a great time!