St. John Nightmare!!!!!

Travel discussion for St. John
Earlyriser

St. John Nightmare!!!!!

Post by Earlyriser »

Wow..got up at 3am, had my usual cup of coffee and a couple pieces of toast. Relaxed in bed with laptop in hand going over the latest forum posts. Responded to a couple, researched a bit more about the island, and about 5am decided I didn't feel too great and decided maybe a little more rest might help. Had this awful nightmare about St. John:

The dream starts with my husband and I next to this big old broken two story brown villa,swimming in a little kids knee deep pool. We leave the pool to go back inside the villa and as I am climbing the stairs I look back at the beach and it's looks like one of the beaches in NH. (sorry NH/MA folks) it's not too pretty. I proceed to go inside the villa. It's looks like something out of the 70's, dark brown shag rug, dirty, wood panel walls..just awful. Just then my daughter and my neice tell me they are going to the beach and I say, "You need sunblock!" (we are all as white as ghosts) I reach in to my suitcase and all I have is Extreme Tanning Excelerator!!!! What!!!

The worst part...I turn and see something on the bed and I ask my husband if what I see is a scorpion when all of a sudden it flew and landed on the back of my neck. It was the size of my fist. I could feel it crawling on the back of my neck at which point I was on all fours and my husband was trying to get it off my neck. All the while I am wimpering and pinching my husbands legs crying insided that he will get it off me..that's when I woke up..thank god!!!!!

What is that dream supposed to mean? Am I reading too much about the Caribbean?

Anyone else have nightmares before their trip?????
Boston Mike

Post by Boston Mike »

You're worried about bed bugs.
Life begins where the land ends!
cptnkirk

Post by cptnkirk »

Oh your mind is just thinking of the worst possible scenario. Are you a worrier? Do you think about these scenarios in your waking hours. If they happen to come true nothing a little Cruzan won't help :lol:
Man I tell you one thing I don't make nothing of some of the dreams I have, cause if I did I would be a certified loonie toon.
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

I also had a nightmare about STJ once...
There was a big dove white ass in it that decided it was going to devour the entire island.
Captn Kirk,- that pic was too funny. Thanks for the chuckle!
I wouldn't think too far into dreams, they're beyond (y)our control. You're gonna' have a great trip!
Smiles-
MJ
cptnkirk

Post by cptnkirk »

Just tryin to lighten the mood on that one. The boy does hve a big A$$ crack, we always kid him about it :lol: Glad ya got a laugh out of it.
Earlyriser

Post by Earlyriser »

BOSTON MIKE- Bed bugs? :) I think I would rather have bedbugs than the large bug that was in my dream!

cptnkirk- No..I am not too much of a worrier..but I was a little worried when I read a Tarantula thread not too long ago. And looked at a few pics of them today to know what I am up against, lol! That may be the cause. Yes, note to self, Cruzan!

Mahojim- your dream sounds pretty funny! Good story behind it? Please do tell! :) Thanks for the support!

cptnkirk- ok, now..share the pic so we can all laugh or did I miss it? :)
crasherino

Post by crasherino »

What a terrible dream. That brown shag rug sounds dreadful.
Nic in KC

Post by Nic in KC »

That's pretty funny! I have a recurring dream about St. John. We get there and in my dream it's the last day or two of the trip and we realize we completely forgot to go to the beach. I become really sad and we try to squeeze in as many beaches as possible. I have no idea what that means, but since it happens so often, I'm guessing it has meaning. Keep in mind I have no idea what we were doing that we never got to the beach.
Lulu76

Post by Lulu76 »

I had a dream once that we got to our villa and it was nothing like was described -- dirty, fraying carpet, not enough bedrooms, just nasty. And the worst part was when we went to leave the villa greeter had stolen our Jeep. Awful.
Capn Dan and Ruby

Post by Capn Dan and Ruby »

I agree...BROWN SHAG CARPET :shock: and yes, Kirk... do share that picture!
Earlyriser

Post by Earlyriser »

crasherino- yes..the brown shag was absolutely awful! I don't even know if I have even seen anything like that in person..funny how dreams can do that...

Nic in KC- Wow! That is a bad dream!!! All I think about before I go is how many beaches I can fit in a day. I usually go to three a day. It must have meaning. I think mine stems from a review I read on tripadvisor. It kind of shook me up..it was about a Tarantula. Then I got a little obsessive about looking at pictures of them..etc, silly, really!

Lulu76- Sounds like my dream, though you did give me a chuckle with the greeter taking the jeep! :)

Capn Dan and Ruby- I can still see that awful rug...real bad! Although I am not sure what's worse..the rug or the vision I still have of my husband and I swimming in that kiddie pool! :) Considering I'm going to be in a tent I'm not sure the relation to the broken down villa.
Boston Mike

Post by Boston Mike »

Earlyriser wrote: cptnkirk- ok, now..share the pic so we can all laugh or did I miss it? :)
You really don't want to go there :wink:
Life begins where the land ends!