Kayak?

Travel discussion for St. John
BRY1105

Kayak?

Post by BRY1105 »

Has anyone ranted a kayak? It looks like it would be fun to be on the water exloring on your own (kind of like on a dinghy). Was it fun? Where did you rent from and where did you go?
Bryan
madness

Post by madness »

We stayed at Maho for a few days once and we rented kayaks from them. We went over to whistling cay (I believe that is the name) left the kayaks on shore and snorkled around the cay. It was a great day. They did warn us about a current there, but we had did not have a problem. I don't believe you have to be staying at Maho to rent from them. I would do that again, but we still have many other things we still want to do, but have not done.
KathyMN

Post by KathyMN »

Has anyone tried the Kayak tour that goes out of Coral Bay and has snorkel stops including the Mangroves? Sounds interesting to me. How difficult (ie. can an old broad do it?) is the Kayaking across the bay? Can't remember the name of the company. EcoTours?????
traveler22

Post by traveler22 »

Try www.viecotours.com never did it but always wanted to!
deejayjay

Post by deejayjay »

We rented from Maho. We weren't staying there. We swam over from Francis rather than taking all the steps. Kayaked to Whistling Cay, then Beached canoes and explored the cay and snorkled. Yes an old broad can do it. However it really made this old broads back hurt. I do have back problems. Maybe the seat could have been adjusted differently. It was a great adventure, but I would think twice about doing it again because of my back.
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

We did it and loved it, from Maho to Whistling Cay and the beach just around Mary's Point. We will definitely do this again, next trip, but will rent the kayak for the full day, and bring lunch.
We thought the snorkel was really spectacular, at both places. We hurried, though, because we couldn't tell what time it was (left electronics in the car at Maho.
The guy at Maho was really, really helpful and nice!
lv2fish

Post by lv2fish »

I want to post an image of our kayak adevnture from October 201 - we sent down a tandem inflatable which we're storing down there. Can someone advise me on how to pst my image - can I just copy & Paste into the body o my reply or do I need to first put it in my snapfish shhareable album and have golks click on the link, hope it's the former ;( Anway husabnd & I kayed what I beleieve is called, Lime tree cove or limetree beach just before you get to Miss Vie's then went on to kayak & snorkel the princess magroves along the same road. I would so like to share the images with you. Can you help please? TY
StlBeachBum

Post by StlBeachBum »

I own a sit on top kayak and LUV kayaking in saltwater!! Add to that, I LUV to flyfish out of my kayak!!
I would highly recommend to anyone!! I even had my land loving wife in a kayak down in the Keys last fall!!
Try it you'll like it!! :wink:
My only worry in the world...
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?
BRY1105

Post by BRY1105 »

lv2fish wrote:Can someone advise me on how to pst my image... Can you help please?
I asked the same question a while back.
Here: http://www.virgin-islands-on-line.com/f ... ht=#202567
Bryan