I gotta ask...

Travel discussion for St. John
jdw

I gotta ask...

Post by jdw »

How many of you have found the perfect villa but will not share details because you don't want someone to book the exact week when you may want it???

And, is that fair :D ?
msgcolleen

Post by msgcolleen »

Guilty! :oops:

But after I rent the perfect one for us, I do a trip report since we like to choose a different villa with a different view each year. Just sharin' the love! :wink:
I've got 2 tickets to paradise~Pack your bags we'll leave tonight!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
CariBert

Post by CariBert »

Yeah, me too....
The liver is evil, it must be punished!

BRY1105

Post by BRY1105 »

Ditto.
Bryan
SOonthebeach

Post by SOonthebeach »

Have to say, when I selected the villa we'll be staying in next month, I threw out a question to the forum asking people for input, then immediately got stressed that it would get "discovered" by someone else and booked for my week, so I booked it within 24 hours of my post! But I did get some good feedback in that 24 hrs :wink:

I'm like Colleen though- will write up a TR after we're back so someone else can have details of it for their trip. We'll want to try new ones every year- there are just so many great sounding ones!
toni

Post by toni »

not me; but i tend to book more in the economy line as well as not ever having a set timeframe when we go so i'm not as concerned that it won't be available that specific time period again. plus we've never booked the same place-half the fun for me is finding a place and there's so many great ones out there. i love having the different views and areas of the island to explore.
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

I always tell. I like to share, and I am always looking for someplace different also. On the other hand, there are two houses I really love, have re-rented, and would want to stay in again, but they are always booked now.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
ihochman

Post by ihochman »

I rented a villa 2 years ago which I loved. When I got back home I posted on the forum how great it was then when I wanted to rebook it the following year IT WAS GONE!!!!! The entire winter was sold out. I actually booked this winter's trip over a year ago (booked Feb 2010 for Feb 2011). Therefore, the name of this villa will remain unspoken.
XOXO

Post by XOXO »

I feel that the owner deserves positive feedback if they are doing a good job. I don't always give the full story if the experience is negative because it is hard to tell if it was a rare experience or if it is their way of doing business. If someone else posts about a similar negative experience I will back them up--mostly because at that time I know it isn't an isolated even and that sometimes people will not put much weight on one bad review.

I am not selfish enough to not tell--if they treat us well I want to return the favor by telling people.
Capn Dan and Ruby

Post by Capn Dan and Ruby »

I often think abuout this problem, but I like to share too. I am the person that can't wait for Christmas to give people presents...don't care about recieving them... love to give them. Sharing good experiences is the same thing.
BillVT

Post by BillVT »

In one particular case I think of, we've read a bad review of a villa and though it was not perfect we found it delightful and fun. It was in a very busy area but had a surprising amount of privacy and access to downtown. I've noticed that it is often filled in high season and I've suspected that many of the renters are returnees who've let the negative review stand so as to keep their favorite weeks open.

Of course I could have really low standards and think more of the place than I should, but you see seldom if ever see any reviews of the place either positive or negative. So as not upset anyone, PM me and I'll tell what it is.