Blue Palm vs Morgan Point

Travel discussion for St. John
Nic in KC

Blue Palm vs Morgan Point

Post by Nic in KC »

Hi all,

We have been blessed by my wonderful parents (who might be lurking)and hubby working a little extra so now a St. John trip may be doable this summer.

Help us decide between these two villas. I think we can't go wrong either way, but thought I'd see if anyone has thoughts.

We usually split actual time between Coral and Cruz so the location isn't really a deciding factor!

Thanks for any input!
Nicolle
Knolmom

Morgan Point

Post by Knolmom »

If the pool at the villa is an important part of your vacation, as it is to ours, you should note that Morgan Point has a "wally pool". This would be a deal breaker for us.
The view from Blue Palm looks very dynamic.
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

I never saw the problem with a Wally Pool. A pool is a big tub of water, either dropped in or dug, it all has the same affect. We have stayed at villa's with small pools and I wished for a larger wally pool.

I think that Blue Plam is a bigger villa with more room to stretch out and a bit newer.
Morgan Point is older but well maintained and a bit more on the old style traditional STJ villa.

I don't think you can go wrong with either.
Sara-J

Post by Sara-J »

We really loved Blue Palm and the fact that it was closer to the North shore beaches and the east end beaches (and the smoothie stand!!)was a real plus for us. We did not want to go thru Cruz Bay every day to go to the beach. (But you might not mind it). Blue Palm kitchen is bigger and the pool is on the same level with the kitchen which I personally like.

My sis and BIL stayed in the upper bedroom with their own bathroom, balcony, kitchen etc so it was great for 2 couples. The owners are also from KC and are very helpful. If you have any questions, I am sure they would be happy to answer. Good luck with your choice and have a great trip!
Nic in KC

Post by Nic in KC »

Thanks everyone for your input! After much debate, we have decided on Morgan Point. I was personally for Blue Palm, but the rest of the crew is for MP.

I honestly will be so happy just to get to be there that anything would have been fine! It almost seems impossible that we are booking a trip!
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

Nic in KC wrote:Thanks everyone for your input! After much debate, we have decided on Morgan Point. I was personally for Blue Palm, but the rest of the crew is for MP.

I honestly will be so happy just to get to be there that anything would have been fine! It almost seems impossible that we are booking a trip!
WOO! Great for you!
Sara-J

Post by Sara-J »

Have a great time!!
pipanale

Post by pipanale »

I don't know how you could miss on either, but I'm partial to Morgan Point.

Enjoy it but watch that grill...it gets VERY HOT if you're not careful.

(My "complaint" for the week about the house)