Grocery shopping in Coral Bay

Travel discussion for St. John
traveler22

Grocery shopping in Coral Bay

Post by traveler22 »

We usually stay in the Renedezvous area and are use to shopping at Starfish or Peace Pine,are there any options for groceries in Coral Bay or should we just suck it up and drive over to Starfish at the start of our trip?
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

Lily's Market has a lot of stuff but not everything. We went there our first night and it got us through a few days but we did have to supplement at Starfish.
toni

Post by toni »

Love City Market carries stuff; fair amount of alcohol and munchies. We usually start out with Starfish and Pine Peace or the Dolphin and fill in at the other places.
Lovermont

Post by Lovermont »

Don't let the look of Love City put you off. They carry a lot of the things that we needed to get almost daily. They pack a whole lotta stuff in that store. Plus, the rum was as cheap as we found anywhere on island - $8.99 per liter. :oops: :wink: :lol:

Lovermont
lazylane

Post by lazylane »

We stay in Coral Bay and have never had to leave to get anything - Lily's and Love City Market have it all. Love City is a little cheaper on some things and man do they pack it in that little store and the owners of both stores are great people! Lily's is open til 10PM so that's a plus, can't remember the hours for Love City. I should add, we are cooler people and also have our frig stocked with breakfast and lunch items!
BRY1105

Post by BRY1105 »

I know Lily's is near Aqua Bistro & Crabby's Watersports, but where exactly is Love City Market?
I think it'd be awesome if someone made a list of all the grocery stores on island and a short description of it / where it is located. I know Im always wondering & forgetting where they are.
Bryan
SOonthebeach

Post by SOonthebeach »

I have not been to either, but we are staying in Coral Bay in Feb and looking forward to visiting both! I have driven by Love City, and I believe it is on the right just past the CB sign- take a right at the sign like you're headed out to Shipwreck, then near the dumpster will be a road to the right- Love City is right there.

Someone please correct me if I am way off. We're really excited about spending more time on the Coral Bay side, including all the shops and restaurants.
mkb

Post by mkb »

Try this website for a list of shopping. Clink on "Triangle to Salt Pond" for the link that includes Lily's. It does not include Love City, however.

http://www.stjohnusvi.com/shopping.html#morecoral
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

SOonthebeach, It sounds like you've seen love city! Your description of where it is sounds as accurate as I could describe.
We usually shop alot at Lily's. Keep going down the road. It's on the right in the Cocolobo center, where Aqua Bistro is. Lily's is upstairs, on the left side. We can find most of what we need there.
Image[/url]
SOonthebeach

Post by SOonthebeach »

Thanks kygirl! We will definitely go to both Lily's and Love City to get our supplies in Feb- I bet we'll find everything we need- as long as there's rum :wink:
loria

Post by loria »

i love lily's but find the produce seriously lacking--so i do dolphin for that (starfish is to rich for my blood!)- i figure if i am over at a north shore beach any way and further than francis or maho--i might as well drive thru cruz bay and pick stuff up --
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
KathyMN

Post by KathyMN »

I'm with loria. We do most of our shopping in Coral Bay, and supplement from Dolphin when we're on that side. I remember the first time I went to Love City with a newbie friend.... she was scared to go in. But they do pack an amazing amount of stuff in there, and their prices are fair. I've never seen as many varieties of Spam as they have! Lily's was a nice addition to the East End.... adding more variety and a deli counter. Produce can be iffy. Anywhere.

Soon I'll be shopping there... can hardly believe my ticker's nearly down to days instead of months. I'm sooooooooooo ready!
:D