Bad Kitty

Travel discussion for St. John
verjoy

Bad Kitty

Post by verjoy »

Next September is our 50th wedding anniversary. It was my husband's idea to celebrate with a trip for the whole family to St John. We will be going in June, a party of 8-10, all adults except for 15 yr. old grandson. Our group wants to take a day tour to BVI, and we are considering the "Bad Kitty". Anyone have experience they can share with that boat?
Pia

Post by Pia »

I work for Bad Kitty and it is a great boat/trip that they have - and I would say that even if I did not work for them. Let me know what questions you might have and if I can book your trip with them (I also book other boats as well so let me know if you have questions on any other trip)
I am in Chicago right now so long replies are hard on the iPhone but will be home late tonight
Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
kristen1206

Post by kristen1206 »

Pia..do you recommend Bad Kitty over New Horizons II?
Pia

Post by Pia »

Yes and here is why - New Horizons is a great trip also but when I have called to book the trip they won't actually tell you which boat you will be on as they have a few - one holds 18 and the other 28 (I think I'm going off my memory) and depending how many are booked on any given day they use the most appropriate sized boat - at least this is how it has been since I've been booking trips (May) and it might be different in high season. With Bad Kitty you know the boat you know he size and she is the fastest and smoothest multi passenger boat I know - also she is the only one that goes to the Baths where you swim in from the boat vs the other multi passenger boats (that I know and book anyway including NH) that you take a cab and walk down the trail to the Baths.
Hope this helps
Pia
kristen1206

Post by kristen1206 »

It does! Thanks so much.
Pia

Post by Pia »

Good :) just let me know if I can book your trip for you (with BK, NH or any other charter)
Pia
jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

I will add my experience to PIA the Great. We took NH II to the Baths in 2007. We were moored in Devil's Bay ans swam into the Baths. That may have changes since 2007.

BTW, I did not think we had such a great trip - mostly due to our captain. I don't recommend them to anyone. But they did bring us into the bay.

JIM
Man it's like some dream we live down here....

Pia

Post by Pia »

Sorry you didnt have a good time. Unless it has changed and I have not been informed on NH you now taxi and walk to the Baths
Pia
Betty

Post by Betty »

I booked a trip on Bad Kitty for 12/23 through Pia, I will post a review when we return.
I can not say enough about Pia , her knowledge of the island's excursions and efficiency in handling the booking for day trips, she has been a pleasure to work with!!!!
verjoy

Post by verjoy »

Thanks everyone for all the info.

Betty-we will be looking forward to your report. Maybe you could notice for us whether there is a dingy for those who are not strong swimmers to use when going ashore?

Pia-we wondered how far in advance we need to book for 15-23 June?
JJShaw

Post by JJShaw »

We did Bad Kitty and while the crew we great..(I cant say enough good things about them)...:) I dont think I personally would book them again. We felt rushed at each stop and didnt feel like we had enough time to visit each place. I think they try to cover too much in one day. We were a little disappointed in the trip. Next time we will look for others that dont try to get so many stops in for one day...:)
[/url]
pswlrw

Post by pswlrw »

Check out borntorhumb.com. Captain Kevin is fantastic and you would have the boat all to yourselves :)
Paula

Betty

Post by Betty »

We went out on Bad Kitty today and really enjoyed the trip despite horrible north Shore swells. First we were a private group and Captain Kevin and First Mate Holly went out of their way to make us comfortable and well imbibed!

The waves crashing at The Baths were the worst they had ever seen and no boats were going into Jost. Being such a large boat we barely felt the waves racing to the BVI's to check into Spanish Town. We did not get our planned Baths, Willy T, Jost Day because the waves were huge, saw many surfers during the day.

We went to South Norman Island to a place they called "Alice in Wonderland" Very good snorkeling! We moved on to Snorkel "the wreck of the Rhone" fair

Lunch at Willy T's was excellent, Holly ordered ahead, so we only waited a few minutes to be served.

Next snorkeling around Peter Island, also very good. We didn't get our planned Day but they made up for it with some new places that we enjoyed very much!

My only suggestion to Bad Kitty is we could have used some Cheese and crackers, between the 2 morning snorkels. They had a some fruit and blueberry tea cake when we boarded and all the way to Spanish town, but after we left Spanish Town it disappeared. The kids that didn't eat the fruit or cake were starving by the second snorkel.

They served afternoon cookies from Baked in the Sun. excellent!

We never felt rushed because we were a private group , and we loved being to go fast between stops, to get more out of the day. Also because she is so large and stable in the water we really did not feel the choppiness of the water. Other small boat charters we saw were really struggling along with the extreme sea's.
Our whole group enjoyed the laid back day on the Bad Kitty!
steve

Post by steve »

I had to chime in, a bit late. First Merry Christmas to all ... especially St John lovers. I just got my shipment of collage photo mugs from Costco, all photos from our favorite island to give as gifts!

We have booked Bad Kitty twice, a group of 15 and last summer a group of 6. We loved the crew, the trip, and the nonstop bar! (We did bring a few snacks though). The swells were up and we were glad to be on a wave piercing cat. This is the main reason we booked our first trip, other boats are slower and can be very rough. We spent our time at sites not getting there.

Have a wonderful trip, we are wheels up in 1 month!

Steve