Forum question

Travel discussion for St. John
Capn Dan and Ruby

Post by Capn Dan and Ruby »

Twice we had to skip a year. Painfull to say the least!!! We couldn't stay away from the forum, but I must say that it simply made the experience more excruciating!!! This year, we started planning on our next vacation on the plane ride back! Two weeks in paridise!! Can't wait!
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Post by Marcia (Mrs. Pete) »

I haven't read all of the previous posts, so bear with me.

I come back to this forum on a daily basis because of the people who post here. Some I have met, some I still wish to meet. And, all because of the forum.

We do not have a USVI trip planned in the near future. We've decided to explore other places on our "bucket list" for now. Nothing against the USVI, at all. It's just where we are, in our lives right now.

The USVI's will always, ALWAYS, hold wonderful memories for us. If we return, we'll be prepared. Because we read this daily (among other blogs and such).
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Missing St. John. As always.
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

Miss it constantly. Every single thing about the month or so leading up to actually being there just keeps me more on "island time", as that's how I wish more people acted like back here in Jersey.
If I don't make plans for the next trip immediately upon "reentry", I fear I'll turn into one of the road-raging & impatient people that are just so common in the northeast.
OF COURSE there's plenty of easy going folks in my surrounding area, but I just wish the angry ones would take a vaca, and realize they should slow down & not take things for granted.
I miss that the most about STJ,-people being kind to oneanother, and slowing down a bit.
This forum reminds me of just how kind people can be, and I'm very thankful for that.
Reading about others experiences on STJ brings me back "home" everyday. I love the way that I've got people to share that with. Thanks a lot you whackos! Love yous guys!
Happy Turkey Day,and always
Smiles-
MJ
SOonthebeach

Post by SOonthebeach »

Well put, MJ! I think that's one of the best things about this forum- everybody "gets it"- and are more unstressed, more laid back, and more kind than most- just the feeling we all get when on island. I love that. We have road raging, impatient folks here in Dallas too- I agree they need a vacay (but they don't all need to go to STJ :shock: )