Charlotte Amalie - St John ferry schedule

Travel discussion for St. John
mje113

Charlotte Amalie - St John ferry schedule

Post by mje113 »

Hey All,

Can anyone report on status of the Charlotte Amalie - St. John ferry? vinow.com says that it's running half schedule, but virgin-islands-on-line.com doesn't mention that on its schedule. On top of that I believe I've read in this and the "other" forum that it's not running at all.

We're on island Dec 4 - 11th and some in our party want to spend a half-day shopping on STT, but not if it involves the 40 min taxi ride from Red Hook.

Thanks!
Mike
Pia

Post by Pia »

You need to check when you are here - a know a few weeks ago they (I believe) were running 2 per day for a few days but then none - it can change daily in non season (true season starts December 15th) never mind 3 weeks out :)

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
mje113

Post by mje113 »

Thanks Pia,

But, it sounds like there is a chance that it will be running?
gores95

Post by gores95 »

We were there from 11/3-8 and the Cruz Bay-Charlotte Amalie ferry wss not running. There was a sign in the ferry terminal at Cruz Bay that apologized for the inconvenience but until further notice that ferry would not be running.
Marc

RonUSVI

Post by RonUSVI »

Was running yesterday!
RL 8)
lazylane

Post by lazylane »

pay attentin to Pia!!! It does CHANGE - last year, we thought we were taking the CA ferry when we were leaving (I had read the schedule in the Tradewinds News) and we stopped to chat with Ruth and she just happened to ask which ferry we were taking and I told her and she said that one wasn't running!!!! YIKES!! luckily it was still early enough for us to get the Red Hook ferry! Happy Friday, all! So glad the sun is finally shining!
Pia

Post by Pia »

Hey Ronnie, there was a sign in the window of the ticket booth in Cruz Bay yesterday that said it had been cancelled - I also spoke with two tourists that came to me to confirm that (why they did that I have no idea) as they spoke to the person selling the Red Hook tickets and she told them no CA ferries until further notice.....hummmm ?

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties