Day4
http://www.virgin-islands-on-line.com/f ... hp?t=18279

Day5
http://www.virgin-islands-on-line.com/f ... hp?t=18284

Day6
http://www.virgin-islands-on-line.com/f ... hp?t=18290

Day7
http://www.virgin-islands-on-line.com/f ... hp?t=18295

Our last full day and it was another great sunny day.

After breakfast we figured out what we were going to do for our last day. I wanted to head to either Hawksnest or Trunk, but the majority ruled and we headed into town for some shopping. After a few hours of walking around town we stopped at the High Tide for a drink.

We ran into our villa managers and asked them if everything was set with Ted from Ted’s Supper Club for dinner that night. They said they gave him the directions and it was still on schedule. I hadn’t heard from him since before we left so I wasn’t sure -

With the afternoon sun still out, we headed back to the villa to enjoy the pool and view. We stopped at the one sugar mill ruin on our road to check it out. It was quite impressive and in good condition. Took a few pictures:

We had a great afternoon relaxing in the pool and got ready for dinner. Since the sun sets around 6:30pm I had Ted meet us at 5:30pm.

I also mentioned to him that the pots and pans we had in the villa were not the greatest. Around 5:30 Ted showed up with everything in tow (2 large coolers). I showed him the kitchen and area and he was on his way.

For our first course, my husband and our friend AJ had roasted chicken empanadas with roasted peppers and jack cheese. My friend Lori and I had the pan seared sea scallops with smashed red potatoes and white truffle oil.

While we were eating our appetizers, Ted served us a fresh baked skillet roasted focaccia.

Our next course was the roasted garlic caesar salad. At this point I was pretty full, since we haven’t been eating that much for dinner. For the main course, the boys had the oven roasted dry rub filet of beef and the girls had the potato wrapped mahi mahi. Everything was delicious.

By the time Ted brought out the chocolate molten cake with fresh fruit I was stuffed. I forced myself to eat because it was that good.

Every course was over the top and by far the best meal we had during our stay on St. John. And was a great way to spend our last night.

Day 9
In the morning we packed up all our things and were on our way. We said good bye to the villa and that view and headed to town. There was a flea market that day but luckily the roads were not too bad. We dropped our friends off at JJ’s for breakfast while we headed to Courtesy to return the jeep. As soon as we walked in, we recognized the guy behind the counter - it was the same guy that replaced the battery. Our jeep got the stamp of approval and we were all set. He wound up giving us a ride back into town by JJ’s since the walk was far.

We met our friends who ordered a head of time for us to avoid a long wait. Well it didn’t really matter because we still waiting about 45 minutes for breakfast. We wound up catching the 11am ferry back to Red Hook. Our flight was not until 2:30 so we had some time to have a drink outside near the baggage claim area.

Customs was pretty easy and we were all set for our flight. Our flight left on time, but for some reason it wound up being a half our late when we landed in Newark.

All and all it was a great trip with great weather. We could have not asked for a better villa as far as it being our first villa to stay in. It was so much better then staying at the Westin.

Until next time!

Tracy in WI

Post by Tracy in WI »

Thanks for the great reports and pictures Susan! I just got through all of them and really enjoyed each one. Thanks for sharing!
Tracy, Seaside Properties at Grande Bay
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Post by Marcia (Mrs. Pete) »

Fabulous reports! Thank you for taking the time to post pictures and give us all of the details. The villa looks stunning.
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Missing St. John. As always.
SOonthebeach

Post by SOonthebeach »

Awesome reporting! So glad you had a great trip and that villa really is awesome- on the list. Loved the reporting and pics. Thanks for sharing with us!
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

Thanks for all the posts!

We stopped at "your" ruins in February and what a little gem of place that is. While Annaberg was absolutely overrun with skeeters, we didn't encounter one at Catherineburg. Also, I was comfortable letting my son run around and explore on his own at Catherineburg.
iowaguy

Post by iowaguy »

Loved all the reports, Susan. That dinner from Ted looked amazing!
---Jim
VaGirl

Post by VaGirl »

Wonderful reporting, Susan. I looked forwardto each and every one. Glad you had such a wonderful trip, and thanks for sharing it with us.
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

Great reports
Tom
Ksea

Post by Ksea »

Great reports, and that Villa is just amazing!
pswlrw

Post by pswlrw »

Thanks so much for the reports and pics. I have serious villa envy :D
Paula

Bigcheeze

Post by Bigcheeze »

I'm hungry TY for sharing
Diana2

Post by Diana2 »

If that's your first villa experience, I'm afraid it's all down hill from here :D . It will be hard to top Island Stones. Thanks for sharing your trip. I've loved every installment. With a house like that I can certainly understand villa gravity. We love the views from Catherineberg but feel there getting to be too many houses up there. Were there any houses close to Island Stones? Close enough to hear their voices/music?
SusanNJ

Post by SusanNJ »

Diana2 wrote "If that's your first villa experience, I'm afraid it's all down hill from here"

I know that's what I'm afraid of!8)

We did notice a couple nights there was a house below us that we could here some noise/music but nothing that interfered with us.

Next time though I think I would like to try a villa that is a little closer to town (and away from the mosquitos!)
northerngal

Post by northerngal »

your reports have been a ray of sunshine while the temps drop up here in northen michigan - 25 degrees when I got up this morning!
THANK YOU!!!
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

Thanks for a great report, Susan. I can't stop looking at these photos!