Grocery option on way to car ferry

Travel discussion for St. John
mask&fins

Grocery option on way to car ferry

Post by mask&fins »

We are hoping to stop at a grocery store on the way to the car ferry to St John. Does anyone have any experience going to Plaza Extra Foods? We are looking for a grocery store to pick up essentials. Looking for good fruit and veggie selection.
gores95

Post by gores95 »

I am curious the responses you get. I have always heard of Cost U Less on the way to Red Hook from the airport. That is where we plan to stop.
Marc

mahojim

Post by mahojim »

We hit Cost U Less on the way, and when time isn't an issue we stop by Duffy's Love Shack for their Sweet & Tangy Fiji Wings.
Everybody wins!
Smiles-
MJ
kklay

Post by kklay »

Last March we stopped at Cost-U-Less and plan to do the same on our upcoming November trip. As I recall, their produce area looked very nice. They also had a large freezer section - frozen veggies, fruit, etc. That's where we purchased most of our beer and alcohol prior to getting on the car barge to St. John. Very nice selection, reminded me of a small "Sam's Club." 8)
Exit Zero

Post by Exit Zero »

best fruit and vegetable selection is at Fruit Bowl at the bottom of Raphune Hill -
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

I really liked Pueblo. Closer to the airport than the ferry but great selection and good prices.
*Another fine scatterbrained production
gores95

Post by gores95 »

Out of curiosity how far is the ferry from the airport? And how far is Cost U Less from the ferry?

Thanks...will be taking this drive on Wednesday!!!!
Marc

polly

Post by polly »

i shop at both cost-u-less and plaza extra but if you only have time for one go to plaza extra. cost-u-less sells in bulk so if you only want 1 bottle of ketchup you are out of luck. the produce at plaza extra is more reliable and i find it a bit cheaper.
Bigcheeze

Post by Bigcheeze »

gores95 wrote:Out of curiosity how far is the ferry from the airport? And how far is Cost U Less from the ferry?

We're taking the same drive on Wed and usually takes about a half hour depending on traffic. Not sure how far Cost u Less is as we do our shopping on STJ
gores95

Post by gores95 »

Bigcheeze wrote:
gores95 wrote:Out of curiosity how far is the ferry from the airport? And how far is Cost U Less from the ferry?

We're taking the same drive on Wed and usually takes about a half hour depending on traffic. Not sure how far Cost u Less is as we do our shopping on STJ
Hey BigCheese maybe we'll follow you! I have always heard the prices and selection are better on St. John. We are staying in Cruz Bay...where do you generally shop for groceries in St. John? Thanks.
Marc

Exit Zero

Post by Exit Zero »

""I have always heard the prices and selection are better on St. John. ""
And You heard this where??
Bigcheeze

Post by Bigcheeze »

Exit Zero wrote:""I have always heard the prices and selection are better on St. John. ""
And You heard this where??
Starfish said it was so...:)