best quality glucosamine chondroitin

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
Pia

best quality glucosamine chondroitin

Post by Pia »

Good morning everyone.

OK, I feel I need to start taking glucosamine chondroitin again so my question is does anyone have a recommendation for good quality manufacturer?

Thanks in advance

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
SOonthebeach

Post by SOonthebeach »

I would love to hear this too- I need to take some for my extremely loud knees :roll:
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

My orthopedic surgeon recommended "Move Free" from Costco. You can order it online.
http://www.costco.com/
byado18

Post by byado18 »

Everyone here is raving about this product which includes glucosamine........

Avoca Asu ( 120 Tablets ) Bone & Joint Health by NutraMax

http://www.aragonproducts.com/theproduc ... aster=8680

Heard about it from 2 friends in their 70's and 80's who thought it kept them from proceeding with knee replacement surgery!

While I was purchasing it at our "alternative" drugstore, someone came up and asked if I wasn't thrilled with it!(this was a women in her 40's who is a runner).

I just started a week ago so can't comment on my results! But it seems worth looking into!
Betty

Post by Betty »

Hi Dear :)
I take Move Free Advanced by Schiff green label, this is the best of the Move Free products, I have tried them all! Sometimes they have buy one get one free at CVS, I buy them out when they do :)

A friend swears by GNC Mega Joint, I am afraid to go off Move Free to try it. I once tried another product that didn't work thinking I could find something better and my shoulder suffered!

ttys
B
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

This is an extremely good supplement company:
http://www.purecaps.com/

I buy their products from my MD who has a strong chemistry background and is very particular about supplements.

Here are their joint supplements:
http://www.purecaps.com/search.asp?SKW=CCJOINT

Apparently they are available via Amazon.
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
bayer40601

Post by bayer40601 »

My orthopod recommended Osteo Bi-Flex. I was having regular knee discomfort, including walking up and down stairs. After about 2 weeks of Osteo Bi-Flex it was gone and I have not had any since, other then occasional weather-related discomfort which only last a short period of time.
How many more days?
Terry

Post by Terry »

Osteo Bio Flex.

However, I believe it is only a temporary fix. Surgery is the finale. Sorry.

Having done the drugs and then a total hip replacement, I am finally pain free.
Anthony
Site Admin

Post by Anthony »

So what is the deal with this stuff??? Does it really work? A lot of you sound like it does. And doctors are recommending it? I thought this wasn't medically proven - would love to hear more about your experiences.
Anthony for Virgin Islands On Line
linne

Post by linne »

Anthony wrote:So what is the deal with this stuff??? Does it really work? A lot of you sound like it does. And doctors are recommending it? I thought this wasn't medically proven - would love to hear more about your experiences.

Anthony, the doctors in Denmark doesn't recommend it. Actually you cannot buy Glucosamin with Chondrotine in DK, because it isn't medically proved that it helps.

I have had problems with pain in my wrists, since I started going to both Pilates and Yoga.
I wanted to try Glucosamin. My doctor didn’t believe that Glucosamin would help me, but he wrote a prescription so that I could try. I took the pills for about 2 month, but he was right- they didn’t help. In the fitness centre a girl, who has a horse, recommended me to try “horsepills”, which is Glucosamin with Chondrotine and Methylsulfonylmethane. She buys it by her veterinarian for her horse and also takes it herself. She takes it for some months, and then stops. When the pain in her knee comes back, she just eats the pills for some months again.

I wasn’t ready to eat “animal feet”, so I searched on the Internet and found a company in Sweden, where I bought the tablets online as normal tablets- not as pills for horses. Before I bought them I asked the doctor, but he said that the ingredients were harmless, so I decided to give it a try. I took 2 pills every day for 3 months and after about two months, I had less pain in the wrists, and after 3 months no pain. Then I have had a break, but have just begun to take them again, because I’m beginning to have smaller problems again. I don’t have so much experience yet, so that I can tell for sure that the pills are effective, but I think so. But not for osteoarthritis in the back, only in the knees, or in my case - the wrists.

The name of the pills, I have, is MSM and a tablet contains 100 mg Methylsulfonylmetahane, 600 mg Glucosamine and 500 mg Chondroitine.

Linne
Anthony
Site Admin

Post by Anthony »

linne - very interesting, thanks! My step mom swears by this stuff, and I think my brother is taking it too... looking forward to hearing other opinions.
Anthony for Virgin Islands On Line
loria

Post by loria »

Anthony wrote:linne - very interesting, thanks! My step mom swears by this stuff, and I think my brother is taking it too... looking forward to hearing other opinions.
Anthony, if you are looking in terms of rx for osteoarthitis go to pubmed (the NIH medical library basically) and look up the GAIT study -- I haevn't read everything there but it lloks like no significant benefit compared to placebo--
there are a lot of studies out there though (search for GC and you will see
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
Betty

Post by Betty »

I have tried this type of pill with just Glucosamine and chondrotion with little to No success. When I tried the Move Frees Advanced with 1500 MG of MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) after 1 week I had 60% mobility in my frozen shoulder, after 2 weeks 100% mobility. Only the Green Label works, my husband hates taking pills and thought he would try the red label which is 4 pills for 2 weeks and 2 pills a day afterwards. They were basically useless. The green label is 6 pills a day, 3 in the am, 3 in the pm, I take with food. Afterwards it is just 3 pills a day. None of my joints ache at all. I really feel this has been a miracle for me. The MSM really is the key ingredient to help the glucosamine and Chondroiton work. I have a friend that grinds them into her arthritic dogs meals and the dog can now jump into the car with out help.
Check out the reviews online about this product, it is amazing and not as expensive as many of the GNC or Vitamin Shoppe products.
JMO :) Pia I am coming home Thursday now :)
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

I see an Osteopath and he had me on MSM and Fish oil when I had frozen shoulder and I can tell you that the difference was measurable.
Before I saw him, my orthopedic told me not to bother with any supplements, as they would do no good but the first thing the Osteopath told me was to start them and I am so glad that I did.

I stopped talking the MSM and stuck with the fish oil for a while and saw smaller results, but results just the same.
The fish oil I took was in liquid form, lemon flavor and very easy to take.
jmq

Post by jmq »

For many supplements, you can look on the label for the USP (United States Pharmacopeia) verification or quality seal.
The USP is a non-government non-profit organization that establishes written and physical standards for medicines, food ingredients, dietary supplement products and ingredients.
These standards are used by regulatory agencies and manufacturers to help to ensure that these products are of the appropriate identity, as well as strength, quality, purity, and consistency.
You can even find this quality mark on some store brands noted here:
http://www.usp.org/USPVerified/dietaryS ... ments.html
When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide