Bored People In Rainy Northern VA - TOTALLY OT

Travel discussion for St. John
flip-flop

Bored People In Rainy Northern VA - TOTALLY OT

Post by flip-flop »

Ok ... so this morning I am getting myself ready to abandon the kiddos with Daddy-o and head to Tyson's with my buddy, Gromit. So I am starting to dry my hair and I notice out of the corner of my eye a BRIGHT green something out the window. We live way up on a hill with a creek at the bottom ... so it was BRIGHT! So I look and this is what I see in the creek below my house. Typically, really a creek ... not the river that you see here. One guy in a canoe, one guy in a kayak. Kayak dude had way more trouble than the canoe, flipping himself more than once. You can only see a hint of the green here...

So anyway ... I am bored and it NEEDS to stop raining and become SPRING for real.
chicagoans

Post by chicagoans »

What a gorgeous view! Mine right now is Tyvek, from the unbelievably huge thing going up on the lot behind us.

How chilly is that water for the kayaker? Yikes!
AnyTing

Post by AnyTing »

Okay, it got cold enough HERE that it snowed a little today. What were those guys THINKING?
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

The view is a bit dreary until the trees all get their leaves back .. which is always in time for my daughter's birthday! So I am looking forward to that. We pay for the great view from the back with a not so great view of a road in the front (not a huge road, but a road nonetheless).

The air temp was about 48 or so at the time, so I am thinking it was PRETTY cold!
obsessedmuch

Post by obsessedmuch »

Wow, how did those people not freeze?