Coral Bay Taxi

Travel discussion for St. John
edsfam

Coral Bay Taxi

Post by edsfam »

Here is what I am trying to do: We plan to charter a boat from St. John to Jost. We will be staying in Coral Bay and would like to take a taxi from Coral Bay to Cruz Bay in the early morning and back from Cruz Bay to Coral Bay around 5:00pm.

I was just wondering if anyone knows of a taxi driver that will come out to Coral Bay that early or of a taxi driver that lives in Coral Bay so we could "ride with him to work and back" I guess.

When I was staying in Coral Bay in 2009 I saw a taxi come home each night into the area between Costanzo Road and Aqua Bistro. Not sure who it was though.

We are a group of 9 people. We would also be open to a boat that could take us right out of Coral Bay if anyone is aware of one. Thanks for your help!
alw1977

Post by alw1977 »

You may have to wait until you get there and then ask around. If it's in the low season, I am sure you can find someone who wants the cash.

I'd hate to think what that ride would be like though... especially if boat drinks were involved on the boat charter. Barf.
bnsilly

Post by bnsilly »

alw1977 wrote:You may have to wait until you get there and then ask around. If it's in the low season, I am sure you can find someone who wants the cash.

I'd hate to think what that ride would be like though... especially if boat drinks were involved on the boat charter. Barf.
Not sure what ride you are referring to that would be that bad?
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

Possibly the boat ride from Cruz Bay back to Coral Bay? The waters can be rough along the South Shore.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
SOonthebeach

Post by SOonthebeach »

I am interested in this, too- as we will be staying in Coral Bay in Feb and need to figure out how to get to Cruz Bay in the early morning for 8 Tuff Miles. We'll get back to Coral Bay on foot :shock:

Anybody tried the bus?
Lindy

Post by Lindy »

alw1977 wrote:You may have to wait until you get there and then ask around. If it's in the low season, I am sure you can find someone who wants the cash.

I think this refers to the drive with all of the switchbacks. We have one person in our group who gets sick from the drive and she doesn't even drink!!!
edsfam

?

Post by edsfam »

Yes, I think the reference is to the taxi ride from Cruz Bay to Coral Bay. We will have been going back and forth in the jeep prior to the taxi ride so hopefully all will be ready for it. I know it will be a bit more exciting in an open air taxi but maybe the boat drinks will help with that???

My one problem with waiting to find the taxi until we get there is this: We do have a boat that will take 5 of us out of Coral Bay. That leaves the others to either not go or drive to Cruz Bay and take the ferry or find another boat. If we could all get in one taxi to and from Cruz to Coral it makes more sense in my mind to switch to a boat that could take all of us out of Cruz Bay.

Not sure if my thinking is tracking on this one. I just thought if I could find a taxi driver from Coral Bay it might make the most sense. Thanks everyone.
greyhoundmom

Post by greyhoundmom »

Call Hamilton Eugene. Hamilton's Taxi. He does a lot of driving back and forth to Maho. If you call the activities desk at Maho Camps, they can give you his number. If he is available, he'd be my choice, a wonderful man. Tell him the SC Lake Murray guys are still thinking about him.