Earl now a Cat 4, US East Coast hang on

Travel discussion for St. John
alw1977

Earl now a Cat 4, US East Coast hang on

Post by alw1977 »

This monster is now a Cat 4 as of NOAA's last advisory. VI's are now on a tropical storm warning. It's moving away from the VI's and on towards the Turks & Caicos and US East Coast. Hang on everyone, it's going to be a interesting week from the Carolinas up to Maine.

And now we have TS Fiona! Yep, she's official. She's following a similar track to Earl. Stupid.
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

yup, this one is not nice!
Nancy_B

Post by Nancy_B »

UGH! I'll have front row seats from my house in Sea Isle City, NJ as I plan on working from home there on Friday.

Looks like Earl may dampen our Labor Day Weekend fun. I'll have to make sure I have planty of rum and painkiller mix on hand.
NancyB
Chet

Post by Chet »

Nancy_B wrote:UGH! I'll have front row seats from my house in Sea Isle City, NJ as I plan on working from home there on Friday.

Looks like Earl may dampen our Labor Day Weekend fun. I'll have to make sure I have planty of rum and painkiller mix on hand.
The appropriate drink is a Dark & Stormy :P
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

[/url]
Nancy_B

Post by Nancy_B »

Chet wrote:
Nancy_B wrote:UGH! I'll have front row seats from my house in Sea Isle City, NJ as I plan on working from home there on Friday.

The appropriate drink is a Dark & Stormy :P
True! My husband and our friend will drink those but I prefer the painkiller. Helps ease the pain if I can't be on the beach.
NancyB
loria

Post by loria »

and fiona is nipping at his heels.....oy vay.
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
mit43

Post by mit43 »

The only bad thing about living on the coast of NC! Might be close!
Tim
Just Another Day in Paradise!!!
SOonthebeach

Post by SOonthebeach »

Ya'll be safe- and definitely stock up on the liquids ;-)
leslieeliz

Post by leslieeliz »

mit43 wrote:The only bad thing about living on the coast of NC! Might be close!
where do you live? i'm in the middle of the state and my parents were going to come visit this weekend, but they're near the coast on a river......so who knows if they'll be able to leave. gotta protect the house from flooding. eeep.

i remember being young and thinking how exciting hurricanes were. we would get deer in our back yard that would float over our high fence during flooding and get trapped once the waters went down. it's a completely different story when you grow up and are actually responsible for a home! yikes. kids, what can you do?

hope you guys down there don't have too much damage.
Connie

Post by Connie »

Nancy, we'll be right over. Have a front row seat also in Anglesea.

Kind of scarey.
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
NCSue

Post by NCSue »

As I sit here and watch the tropical update and pray everyone in the islands is safe...I can't help but think of my son - who we JUST dropped off at school in Wilmington, NC. Super. Fingers crossed that it takes a little hook out to sea here pretty soon.
SS in NC

Post by SS in NC »

My favorite hurricane website: http://www.nrlmry.navy.mil/TC.html

If it's good enough for the US Navy - it works for me too...not alot of fluff - just good info.

Stay prepared...

All the best,
Scott
mit43

Post by mit43 »

leslieeliz wrote:
where do you live? i'm in the middle of the state and my parents were going to come visit this weekend, but they're near the coast on a river......so who knows if they'll be able to leave. gotta protect the house from flooding. eeep.

i remember being young and thinking how exciting hurricanes were. we would get deer in our back yard that would float over our high fence during flooding and get trapped once the waters went down. it's a completely different story when you grow up and are actually responsible for a home! yikes. kids, what can you do?

hope you guys down there don't have too much damage.
We live in Swansboro. We are on Queens Creek which fills up very fast when a hurricane pushes the water in from the ocean. We won't flood, but we get stranded because all the roads out of our area flood with even the smallest storms. Hopefully Earl will stay off the coast.
Tim
Just Another Day in Paradise!!!
leslieeliz

Post by leslieeliz »

mit43 wrote:
leslieeliz wrote:
We live in Swansboro. We are on Queens Creek which fills up very fast when a hurricane pushes the water in from the ocean. We won't flood, but we get stranded because all the roads out of our area flood with even the smallest storms. Hopefully Earl will stay off the coast.
aw, captain charlie's! we're from washington! not quite as close but still on the pamlico with lots of flooding. we go to indian beach every year. hope all will be well with NC and STJ. heading to the VIs in a month.
Jan&MikeVa

Post by Jan&MikeVa »

Ugh, I'm not going to worry about it tonight. Thank goodness for good weather forcasting, we'll have a couple of days to prepare.