The Redemption Tour - the report

Travel discussion for St. John
Lulu76

Post by Lulu76 »

I totally cried by the time I got to the end of this, which took me way too long on the office clock. But once I looked, I couldn't stop.

I am so glad that you all had a great trip, especially after last time.
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

You old softie you...

I love that picture of TheKid! I'll bet she talks non-stop to her friends and her teacher about what she saw underwater!
SOonthebeach

Post by SOonthebeach »

Love it, love it pipanale! Having 6 and 9 year olds- both girls- who "get it", I loved reading about TheKid. Especially the puking- cried I laughed so hard! Thanks for sharing. Awesome read....
Terry

Post by Terry »

Got a chance to read it and it was a great read. Seeing a trip through your daughters eyes is priceless. Liked the Marriott story also. I've always had great stays all over, but have heard about the STT one being unkept. Good job following through on that one.

Your daughter will grow up and one day take her kids to STJ and tell this story that you shared with all of us.

I thought of you when someone sent me this Youtube today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZa7hU6tP_s
b-as-u-r

Post by b-as-u-r »

LMAO; totally fun read and I luv your writing style and humor! You are quite the Pip. BTW, I remember being that kid having a tantrum because I didn't have any Doritos. It was my first trip to USVI (and I stayed in STT at Frenchmen's Reef, which was a totally upscale place at the time.) So, $16 bucks later (taxi ride & cost of doritos), I was a happy girl; priceless. (Did I mention that I was 18 at the time.) Anyway, your report reeks of fun and memorable times - another priceless! Glad it was such a great trip! Ali~
STJ - I "get it"
pipanale

Post by pipanale »

It's possible a flash drive was delivered to me yesterday. One containing a video taken on the last day on St John.
Dclapp

Post by Dclapp »

i'm offended, I'm from the Jersey shore and i don freakin talk like those bozo's!
bert

Post by bert »

It's difficult for me to understand how entitled Americans feel. Life cannot be perfect, and on St. John only the resilient survive. You are TOURISTS. You are NOT residents unless you live here. With your entitled philosophy and snobbish opinionated booring profane attitude, you would never make it here. Maybe next year try a different destination.

peace... bert
spindrift

Post by spindrift »

bert wrote:

With your entitled philosophy and snobbish opinionated booring profane attitude, you would never make it here. Maybe next year try a different destination.

OUCH! :D
Terry

Post by Terry »

Someone doesn't have a sense of humor.

Never met the author, but from what I can tell he is the kindest most sincere person with a great sense of humor. He could be our neighbor anytime.
pipanale

Post by pipanale »

bert wrote:It's difficult for me to understand how entitled Americans feel. Life cannot be perfect, and on St. John only the resilient survive. You are TOURISTS. You are NOT residents unless you live here. With your entitled philosophy and snobbish opinionated booring profane attitude, you would never make it here. Maybe next year try a different destination.

peace... bert
In our house, we say the following in the face of such outbursts.

3-O-3 (hold up 3 fingers on each hand, hold them alongside your head and open your mouth)

That comment's a big pile of wow. But...you did read it. And, since I'm a whore for comments and readers, I'll take it!
Terry

Post by Terry »

LMFAO! 3-0-3

I plan on using it at our next staff meeting. I absolutely love it. I'll let you know if I get fired.
Jorge

Post by Jorge »

bert wrote:It's difficult for me to understand how entitled Americans feel. Life cannot be perfect, and on St. John only the resilient survive. You are TOURISTS. You are NOT residents unless you live here. With your entitled philosophy and snobbish opinionated booring profane attitude, you would never make it here. Maybe next year try a different destination.

peace... bert

YES! :D
pipanale

Post by pipanale »

pipanale wrote: At noon, we set out again. We repacked the cooler and went back to RDU to try again. Check-in was NOT easy (thanks to some crankiness by me and a lot by the desk agent). But, we got in. We had no assigned seats for either flight, but I was told we had seats. Fine.
My streak of complaint-related luck rolls on. As a result of the note I dent Delta about the check-in process, I got 7,500 SkyMiles. It's not much, but something. They did apologize (in a personal email) for the delays and understood how upset we must have been over "enduring" a 16-hour travel day with them.

I'm getting good at this.

Now does anyone know how to edit video? I need to add music to a clip...
augie

Post by augie »

pipanale wrote:Now does anyone know how to edit video? I need to add music to a clip...
Sorry, I asked my teen what he used, and you've already commented on that particular program - something to the effect that it "vacuums orbs".

Hope you find one that will work for you.
Come see us!