I might be ashamed of myself

Travel discussion for St. John
pjayer

Post by pjayer »

Anthony wrote:You should be ashamed for misspelling ashamed :)
Maybe he looked it up in his fictionary. :P
When the end of the world comes, I want to be in Kentucky, because everything there happens 20 years after it happens anywhere else. – Mark Twain
pipanale

Post by pipanale »

What spelling error? :shock:

"Thongs and gowns...Crap"
(Goes under the stairs and gets another suitcase.)
At least now I can justify my platform boots.

I'm just not really into this trip so far. It's the Redemption Tour for a reason. To quote Han Solo "I have a bad feeling about this"

I could use the vacation...I'd just really like for it to go well. Otherwise, the spice cam will show me curled up in the fetal position all week.
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

XOXO wrote:PIP: what I wouldn't give just to have my husband HELP with packing. Heck I would be happy if he would even THINK about packing. He literally shows up and after putting gas in the car saying "are you ready" "are you ready "are you ready "are you ready" "are you ready" "are you ready" "are you ready"

I bite my lip, after all we are going on vacation so STFU xoxo, but it really gets on my nerves! Good Lord, I would be ready too if I didn't have to do anything besides show up with gas in the car!!

xoxo
:lol: :lol: :lol: OMG!!! You made me spit soda all over the computer monitor! We might have married brothers, XOXO.....
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

pipanale wrote: To quote Han Solo "I have a bad feeling about this"
Gigi

Post by Gigi »

Pip - you are not a dork. My guy has been packed for over a week (2 bathing suits, 2 shirts and tons of electronic stuff). Our flight leaves at 6:30 a.m. on Saturday and he wants to be dropped off at the airport the night BEFORE so we can sleep at the gate and not miss the flight.....he would probably sleep right through the boarding call.
Shari

Post by Shari »

I suggested that my husband, teen daughter and I pack one small bag with snacks for this trip. You know, healthy, munchy stuff like granola bars, cereal, trail mix--stuff that's easy to pack and always costs more on island. We're a "usually organic, minimal processed food" family. Or so I thought. I just checked the bag and it's filled with Pringles, Combos, PopTarts, Oreos, hard candy, and, oh yeah, a box of granola bars for Mom. Trying to figure out if daughter or husband is to blame. Oh, well, pass me an oreo--it's vacation! :roll:
greyhoundmom

Post by greyhoundmom »

Pip, you are ash a med in topic subject!!!! :lol: I don't go anywhere without my platform boots either, I just cut the toes out for STJ!
54b

Post by 54b »

Ain't no shame in that game, Pip...When you arrive at the airport already knowing full well that your lone checked bag is 48.5 pounds because you pre-weighed it at the post office and took pains to empty toiletry bottles halfway as well as calculate for moisture build-up in the pre-dawn Texas humidity to ensure that your bag was under the 50-pound max, then you may apply for membership in the STJ Samsonite All-Stars.

Until then, you may just consider yourself a prudent packer.

Just don't forget your fedora for Casablanca night at Morgan's Mango...I think you get a free bowl soup if you're wearing one.
It’s not about yesterday or tomorrow...It’s about today, for come what may – Sun, rain, or hurricane – we've only time for a smile, and none for sorrow
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

54b wrote:Ain't no shame in that game, Pip...When you arrive at the airport already knowing full well that your lone checked bag is 48.5 pounds because you pre-weighed it at the post office and took pains to empty toiletry bottles halfway as well as calculate for moisture build-up in the pre-dawn Texas humidity to ensure that your bag was under the 50-pound max, then you may apply for membership in the STJ Samsonite All-Stars.
Doesn't everybody use this method?

We have actually had agruments over why someone (talking to you Mr. PA) wants to take a full size can of shaving cream to STJ when said person then refuses to shave all week.

Taking our bags to the post office would eliminate the "what is a more accurate method? Bag alone on the bathroom scale? Or person holding bag on the scale - person weight w/o = weight of bag method?"

It was fun times packing for our VG trip as our luggage limit was 40 pounds pp, total, including all carry-ons/purses.
pipanale

Post by pipanale »

I'm a fan of "person holding bag while on scale" for my method. My cooler last time came in at 46 lbs on Friday and 48 the following day when I started jamming extras in there.

I hate myself sometimes. Why must I complicate my life so much?

Oh yea...I think I may like it...
bevm

Post by bevm »

It gives you something to bitch about, that's why.
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

So are you leaving Chicken behind and bringing Shmuppie?
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
StJohnRuth

Post by StJohnRuth »

I'm not in charge of any part of a costume this time, am I?
I might have lost the memo.
bevm

Post by bevm »

Ruth, please do us all a favor and hide the coconut bras and grass skirts while Rob is on-island...
17th Hole

Post by 17th Hole »

I pack all my electronics in my carry-on and then wear all my clothes on the plane. I look funny wearing my snorkeling gear, but that's how I roll.
A mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open.