Post 3-day on island update

Travel discussion for St. John
augie

Post 3-day on island update

Post by augie »

Myself, my wife, and our 17 year old son are just finishing our third full day on island - we got to the STT airport on Tuesday at 2:30, got our jeep from Dependable, went to Cost-u-Less for some supplies and caught the 4:30 car barge.

It has been windy, especially on Wednesday and Thursday, and rainy, especially today, but we've managed three good days of snorkeling by starting early and avoiding the windward side of the island.

Mosquitoes haven't been bad at all.

A few pictures have been posted on Facebook, but I'm waiting to get home and go over/fix them before I add them and a trip report.

Looking forward to the Beach Bar on Sunday!

augie
Come see us!
XOXO

Post by XOXO »

You are doing good getting a 17 year old to go snorkeling early. Either you are very persuasive and/or you have a good kid.

I am glad you are making it work. I hope the weather shapes up for the rest of your trip.

xoxo
bevm

Post by bevm »

Hope you guys have a great rest of your vacation! Sounds like it's off to a good start!
Maggy

Post by Maggy »

Thanks for the report Augie! I hope the wind slows down and rain stops. I know how much you guys loves snorkeling. And we want to see clear uw pictures with eagle rays and other cool sealife. Say hi to your beautiful wife and to sea-nile if you see her.
pjayer

Post by pjayer »

Thanks for the update, Augie. You guys enjoy the rest of your vacation and have fun at the BB Sunday. Looking forward to your report and pics soon. Take care.
When the end of the world comes, I want to be in Kentucky, because everything there happens 20 years after it happens anywhere else. – Mark Twain
Pickle

Post by Pickle »

Thanks for the update from the island. Have found some really nice photos on your FB. You got a great shot of one of my favorite fish to find - I didn't see one this past trip, so am envious. Hope the weather will improve for you guys. Looking forward to reading your "comprehensive" report when you get back. But before that... keep having fun!