GOOOOOAAAAAALLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
soxfan22

GOOOOOAAAAAALLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by soxfan22 »

Wow - did that just happen!?!?!

USA...USA...USA!
July 2003 - Honeymoon at The Westin
July 2004 - Glenmar, Gifft Hill
July 2005 - Arco Iris, Fish Bay
December 2007 - Dreamcatcher, GCB
July 2008 - Ellison Villa, VGE
augie

Post by augie »

Yeah - and even more shockingly, it was allowed to stand!
Come see us!
pipanale

Post by pipanale »

A fantastic day to have a home office. I usually don't pace and scream like that outside of the month of March.

Just WOW
jmq

Post by jmq »

After having ANOTHER perfectly good goal disallowed for the second straight game in the first half, and then after Dempsey hit the post at 57, I thought maybe it just wasn’t meant to be.

But this never say die Team USA just keeps finding a way. Tim Howard’s quick and deep 45 yard outlet throw to Donovan after saving that header keyed that fast break that lead to the winning goal in extra time. Well done. The other Jersey kid Josey Altidore had a huge game too.

Now they go from elimination to winning the group in the blink of an eye. How big is winning the group? Not only does the U.S. survive to fight another day, but it gets placed into a much easier quadrant of the single-elimination tournament that now takes place. If Germany can win Group D, the U.S. would probably meet Serbia or Ghana, avoiding Germany, with the winner of the U.S.’s second-round game to face the victor of Uruguay-South Korea. Long story short: you would much rather be in the quadrant with Serbia/Ghana-Uruguay-South Korea instead of the one with Germany-Argentina-Mexico.

Big props also to coach Bob Bradley – he made all the right moves, not afraid to roll the dice with some of his substitutions and tactics.

Great stuff – this is what the World Cup is all about – not like those dreary first games of group play.
When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide
augie

Post by augie »

Another advantage of winning the group is that they play the next game 45 minutes away from their training base instead of having to fly across the country!
Come see us!