My 8 month old I-phone Died

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
jimg20

My 8 month old I-phone Died

Post by jimg20 »

My phone was working well all day yesterday until about midafternoon. The only thing I noticed about it was the blue tooth kept losing the signal and reacquiring it a mimute or two later. It did it one more time and I pulled it out to see what it was doing. The display was showing the white apple logo and I thought it was rebooting itself.

Wrong! It has been stuck at that point evers since. It does not respond to the on/off button on the top and the reset using the the on/off and home buttons will black out the screen and restart it. It then gets to the logo and freezes again. It will not respond to the computer when I attach it with the sync cord.

Any suggestions other than call the gods of Apple?

JIM
Man it's like some dream we live down here....

AnyTing

Post by AnyTing »

Jim....tell the truth. You ran over it with your car so that you could get a new iPhone 4, didn't you?
iowaguy

Post by iowaguy »

Jim---Same thing happened to me recently. I waited a LONG time at Apple Store, only to have them tell me to follow the "restore" procedure in your iTunes account, when you sync your phone with iTunes.
---Jim
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

VickiH wrote:Jim....tell the truth. You ran over it with your car so that you could get a new iPhone 4, didn't you?
this morning my husband said 'hmmm can't find my iphone" and I thought oh HERE we go, he wants the 4! lucky for him I called the phone and heard it ringing so all is well now :)
jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

iowaguy wrote:Jim---Same thing happened to me recently. I waited a LONG time at Apple Store, only to have them tell me to follow the "restore" procedure in your iTunes account, when you sync your phone with iTunes.
They told me that on the phone today. (another phone) I tried that while they waited and the computer will not recognize the phone -- probably because it has not completed the boot-up process.

No V, the phone has absolutely no tire tread marks on it -- but that is an idea.

JIM

XOXO

Post by XOXO »

A girl that works for us had hers do that this week. They said it would be fixed Wednesday and she is still waiting. I will let you know anything I find out. But, it wasn't something she could fix herself.

Gina
djmom

Post by djmom »

Ok, I don't have an iphone, but with my piece of junk phone if it doesn't work it will restart if I take out the teeny little memory card in the back and wait a minute and put it back in.

I have no clue if you even have one of those things but if you do it might work.
"Sponges grow in the ocean...I wonder how much deeper it would be if that didn't happen."
jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

djmom wrote:Ok, I don't have an iphone, but with my piece of junk phone if it doesn't work it will restart if I take out the teeny little memory card in the back and wait a minute and put it back in.

I have no clue if you even have one of those things but if you do it might work.
It has one of those thing. I took it out. It didn't help.

But thanks for offering that idea.

JIM

jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

Apple sent a replacement phone to me, and I am sending the bad one back. It is unlikely that I'll find out what happened to it.

JIM