VERY excited about new iPhone 4

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

It's not irresponsible if you WANT IT :lol:

Just watched the little iPhone 4 movie they have on the site.

I think I just had the big "O".... 8)

WANT.
*Another fine scatterbrained production
silverheels

Post by silverheels »

If you currently have a contract with AT&T you can call #639# and find out if you are eligible for an upgrade even if your current contract is not up. They will text you and let you know. I read this online yesterday. The phone will still cost you upwards of $199.
I did not do this because I don't have text messaging on my 3g just use it for a phone,phone. When I go to STJ I add texting so that I can get baseball scores.
Lovermont

Post by Lovermont »

silverheels wrote:If you currently have a contract with AT&T you can text #639# and find out if you are eligible for an upgrade
Small correction... it's *639#
I did this earlier today, and got the following message:
"As a valued customer, we can offer you an upgrade with a new 2-year commitment and an $18 upgrade fee." That, plus the $199 for the new phone doesn't seem too bad. I'm tempted :)

Lovermont
Lovermont

Post by Lovermont »

silverheels wrote:I did not do this because I don't have text messaging on my 3g just use it for a phone,phone.
Silverheels,
I just noticed you can get the same info at this address https://www.att.com/olam/loginAction.ol ... =UpgradePH

Lovermont
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

I busted my screen last year and was SO bitter when I found out a replacement screen was $199 at the Apple store. Seriously? That was how much i paid for the WHOLE phone.

I know you can do unofficial glass replacement for less but I purchased the warranty with the phone and anything done outside of the Apple store would negate that. Just wasn't willing to play chicken on that one.

I decided to wait and just deal with it. The crack was in the upper right hand corner of the phone (the ONE freakin time I worked out on the elliptical without the freakin cover) and my cover covers it up but I was afraid to take the screen protector off for fear that peices of the screen would go with it and lose functionality.

Now I am glad that I waited and feel better about giving them $200 for a whole new upgraded phone.

Seems like they have tried to address the glass cracking issue with the new design with something that is stronger (at least according to the promo video).

I'm not so hot for the thing as to be in line the minute they are available. But I'm betting by August I will have one of the new phones in my hot little hands and starting a brand new love affair.

Like Flip I love the fact that this device replaces many devices for me and eliminates e-clutter.
Lovermont

Post by Lovermont »

Gromit wrote:Just watched the little iPhone 4 movie they have on the site.
I have a mad crush on the Jony Ive, the Senior VP of Design.:lol:

Lovermont
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

I know right?? He is CUTE! And probably loaded too. I wonder if he'll FaceTime with us when we get our new phones? Is that part of the new data pkg?
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

Lovermont wrote:
Gromit wrote:Just watched the little iPhone 4 movie they have on the site.
I have a mad crush on the Jony Ive, the Senior VP of Design.:lol:

Lovermont
You made me google. Nice.
Lovermont

Post by Lovermont »

OK... who's pre-ordered? Who's waiting in line at the crack of dawn tomorrow?
The closest Apple store is 3+ hours away for me, but I might go to an AT&T store that's only 30 minutes away. Don't know quite yet.

Lovermont
XOXO

Post by XOXO »

Have any of you considered buying it from best buy and getting their insurance? That is what I did for my 16 year old . . . Because he is 16! I don't remember the exact cost but it is a monthly charge. So far we haven't needed it but with us cellular he needed it several times so I didn't want to be without insurance. I might have my 19 year old get insurance when he gets his i4 tomorrow. He is very responsible but . . . Even I have used my insurance. I wish AT&T offered insurance!

XO