Vacation budgeting

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
loria

Post by loria »

ok, I am hanging my head in shame :oops: you guys are al so disciplined. if this were the fable i would so be the grasshopper.......
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
Berlingirl

Post by Berlingirl »

loria wrote:ok, I am hanging my head in shame :oops: you guys are al so disciplined. if this were the fable i would so be the grasshopper.......
Don't feel like the lone ranger Loria..pick your head up...lot of regular posters are sitting this one out too...LOL :wink:
Hoping for a USVI ticker in 2013!
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

Oh I'm far from disciplined! Which is why I started this topic! LOL Yes I'm taking a few vacations this year but if we say .. need a roof ... we're screwed :roll:
time to strike a balance I think.
samoka

Post by samoka »

I use auto-deduction from my check to save for vacations - I never have enough but somehow make it work - about that roof :lol: - I am a teacher so I have to go when school is out - we get to spend summers at a camp in NH that pays for itself because I work there - in the winter we like to spend a week someplace warm and sunny and this year it is going to be St. John!
SS in NC

Post by SS in NC »

Hi MBW,

I save until I cover the villa/airline expense. When that's covered...the rest is how much I want to spend on daily expenses, boat trips, rental car, restaurants (or Grocery Store)...etc. I only go every 2 years and bring 2x the cash I think I'll need. I figure a few hundred a day...and that lets me pay for my airport parking fee when I return...the Vegas Trips do get dicey from time to time...c'mon dealer, drop the dime and bust!

All the best,
Scott
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

related to this topic I just bumped in to this blog post about travel and thought it was a good one.

http://www.shewearsmanyhats.com/2010/04/go/