Park and Fly from ORD

Travel discussion for St. John
nascarfan59

Park and Fly from ORD

Post by nascarfan59 »

We usually stay with my brother and he takes us to ORD to catch our flight. Something has come up and will not be in town this time. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good and safe park and fly hotel? We will be gone 2 weeks. We do this all the time out of IND but never have done it out of ORD. Thanks in advance.

Mike

God is great, beer is good, people are crazy.
Pete (Mr. Marcia)

Post by Pete (Mr. Marcia) »

We always have been pleased with the Four Points Sheridan. It has decent rooms, fair prices and, most importantly, a reliable shuttle service.
Wisconsin, smell the dairy air
mark_7

Post by mark_7 »

Very small rooms, but the Howard Johnson is very new and quite reasonable. Comfort Inn is adequate and also reasonably priced. Meanwhile, downright cheap, is Day's Inn. The rooms and facility are a bit outdated, but it is clean.
I had a problem with Howard Johnson getting a return ride from the airport after my last trip, but I believe it was an honest mistake.
As you can probably see...I'm a cheapskate! :) :)
That said...I always check the better hotels first to see if they have discounted their "stay park and flys". I've had some great deals in the past from Doubletree, Radisson and the Holiday Inn. My goal is always around 80 dollars.

Mark
mark_7

Post by mark_7 »

One other thought. Be sure to specify you'll be gone two weeks!!!!
Many of the hotels charge 10 dollars per day after 7 days. Others have no extra charge for up to 14 or 15 days.

Mark
Pete (Mr. Marcia)

Post by Pete (Mr. Marcia) »

mark_7 wrote:One other thought. Be sure to specify you'll be gone two weeks!!!!
Many of the hotels charge 10 dollars per day after 7 days. Others have no extra charge for up to 14 or 15 days.

Mark

We always have gone for two weeks. The Sheraton has not charged us a daily fee after the first week. But, getting that straightened out ahead of time is good advice.
Wisconsin, smell the dairy air
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Post by Marcia (Mrs. Pete) »

As Pete said, we've always had good luck with Four Points Sheraton but, here is a link for other options:

www.chicagotraveler.com/chicago_park_sleep_fly.htm

We have stayed in some horrible places, too. One where there was no shuttle for us in the morning, one where the room was so disgusting we had to "upgrade" to one with a window that actually closed and a bedspread without TOO many stains, and one where we ran for our lives as a fight broke out and we thought we heard gun shots.

None of these places are very classy but simple cleanliness and reliable shuttle service are key.

Marcia (Mrs. Pete)
Bandit

Post by Bandit »

Marcia (Mrs. Pete) wrote:and one where we ran for our lives as a fight broke out and we thought we heard gun shots.Marcia (Mrs. Pete)
Perhaps I should reconsider who I "hang" with in St. John. I think Jorge/Horhay would just pull out his gun and join in. :D
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Bandit

Post by Bandit »

Well at least I had the "pullin' out" part correct. :oops:
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Bandit

Post by Bandit »

When you buy- Cristal Rose '96
When I buy- Beer
nascarfan59

Post by nascarfan59 »

Thanks all for the suggestions (and banter)but I think we are going to try to hop a shuttle out of IND 1 1/4 hours drive vs. 3+ hours to ORD. Plus I can do the drive to IND with my eyes closed which will most likely be the case.

Thanks,
Mike

God is great, beer is good, people are crazy.