4th trip, lots of FIRSTS: The end

Travel discussion for St. John
sailorgirl

Post by sailorgirl »

You got some beautiful shots there Marybeth!
Well done!
samoka

Post by samoka »

Your report and pictures were great and something to look forward - thanks.
pjayer

Post by pjayer »

Loving your reports and pics, MBW. Great shots! Can't wait to get home and have a second read when I'll have more time to digest all of it.
Terry

Post by Terry »

Thank you for the great, relaxing, trip reports. Your photos were wonderful.

If you do go the SoCal - Santa Barbara route next year, here is a favorite B&B of ours in Dana Point...Blue Lantern Inn. Great breakfast, wine and apps at night, amazing views of the harbor, wonderful rooms and great service. Dana Point is a lovely seaport village in the southern most area of Orange County. I take that back, CAGirl is bit more southern. :wink: Her area has a great mission and is in a historically, beautiful area. Try the Ramos House http://www.ramoshouse.com for a wonderful breakfast, located on one of the oldest streets in the State. We love So. Orange County. Santa Barbara is beautiful too, it's just that the drive through LA is messy.

It's not STJ, but still very nice.

http://www.bluelanterninn.com/
Last edited by Terry on Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

Thanks everyone. Hope I didn't give the wrong impression that we didn't have a good time or we're bored with STJ. Not the case at all. In fact Charlie's still leaning toward the 2 week STJ trip next year but I'm the one who's trying to mix things up. We had a great time in Arizona last year and I have a travel list that could choke a horse - so to return to STJ every year doesn't help me cross other destinations off the travel list.
I keep saying we are on the every other year plan and then I don't stick to it :roll:

Thanks for the Santa Barbara suggestion. Will def. take a look. I think we are about 80% decided on that destination. And hopefully a long weekend in Chicago to tie in to a graduation next June.

We will be back to STJ for sure. I'm not a betting person so I'm not taking any wagers on when! If the lottery comes in it will be way sooner rather than later :)
msgcolleen

Post by msgcolleen »

I'm betting we'll see your STJ toes in the sand sooner than later! Keep working on her Charlie!!!
Great reporting MB
. . . must go back. . . . must go back. . . :wink:
I've got 2 tickets to paradise~Pack your bags we'll leave tonight!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

Awesome job, Lady! I enjoyed every word!! And picture!!!
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
plalb

Re: 4th trip, lots of FIRSTS: The end

Post by plalb »

mbw1024 wrote:
Our last night was spent with island friends and we had Ted come and cook for us. What a treat!
Thanks for the report...always love looking at pics of St John! Are the last few food pics in the 500+ shots from Ted's cooking?
mbw1024

Re: 4th trip, lots of FIRSTS: The end

Post by mbw1024 »

plalb wrote:
mbw1024 wrote:
Our last night was spent with island friends and we had Ted come and cook for us. What a treat!
Thanks for the report...always love looking at pics of St John! Are the last few food pics in the 500+ shots from Ted's cooking?
yes they are.
lprof

Post by lprof »

Truly enjoyed all the parts of your report and ALL the photos. No matter if a "FIRST" or a "never miss" each experience shared results in good thoughts of STJ. Glad that this was another very good trip to paradise for you two; thanks for letting me be a shadow. 8)
... no longer a stranger to paradise
TrvlJohn

Post by TrvlJohn »

Great Pictures.

I am so envious of people who can take consistently good pictures...I don't think I have the picture-taking gene (or it might be the lack of patience or the proper camera equipment!) What kind of camera did you use?

thanks for the TR. It makes the anticipation for my upcoming trip even greater.

-John
Leap, and the net will appear.
- John Burroughs
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

I actually want to take better pictures but that means spending a lot of time practicing and retaining the function of all of the buttons on my camera! I tell myself year and year I will master it but so far not.
I came home with 800+ photos and edited down to 500+. So 300 or so were junky and maybe even a few of the ones I retained were junky. Like the one of all of us at dinner. It was the only one so I included it but it's junky no doubt!

I used 2 cameras this trip. Nikon d50 with polarizing filter for day time. And Nikon L100 point and shoot. The junky night time shot was with the p&s. Can't seem to get the low light settings right on that camera.
patr

Post by patr »

Thanks Mary Beth for sharing, I am so, so sad to see your trip end! :( LOVE THE PICS!

We didn't get to make our spring trip this year due to our son's wedding, but are looking forward to November!

Thanks for including the links to the other days of the TR - makes for easy catch-ups!
Patr

~~Longing to be back on St. John~~
KatieH

Post by KatieH »

Thanks for another great TR Mary Beth! It was so good that I am officially "homesick" :wink: