JULY 5TH - PARADE?

Travel discussion for St. John
NCSue

JULY 5TH - PARADE?

Post by NCSue »

So .....renting our car yesterday from Courtesy Car Rental - GREAT guys!

Get a call later in the evening - seems the parade this year is on JULY 5TH! That happens to be our arrival date......DANGIT!

However, Caribbean Villas thinks the parade is still on the 4th. Anybody on island have any clue what day the parade is on?? ugh!
stjohnjulie

Post by stjohnjulie »

Ooooo.....it might be!! I remember one year it was on the 5th because the 4th was on Sunday, just like it is this year. I can't find anything about it online though.... Anyone?
NCSue

Post by NCSue »

If it is on the 5th - do you think its chaotic enough we should change our arrival til the 6th? We've been there during Carnival before - I know it is CRAZY!!!
stjohnjulie

Post by stjohnjulie »

What time is your arrival? I wouldn't want to show up during the parade because the streets will be packed and hard to get through.
snorkel queen

July 5th parade

Post by snorkel queen »

Any more info on a firm date for the parade? I too am arriving on July 5 --- 2:23 flight. Will it be over by then? Thanks.
NCSue

Post by NCSue »

Snorkel - here's what we remember from past parades - it is in HIGH gear til about 4. I seem to remember after then it is winding down - people heading off on the ferry back to STT. We will come in on the 4 pm ferry - not sure if you're planning on that one or not. We can suffer through together!
bill

july 5th parade

Post by bill »

We are coming in on the 5th also! I purposely booked the 5th to avoid the 4th of july craziness!!! Rented a car today, and its true - the parade will be on the 5th. Can't rent a car that day , due to streets being closed. Have to pick up the car on the 6th. Never been to Carnival, so this will be new for us!!!
Plan on making the best of it, and totally enjoying it!
Won't actually be on St. John until mid-afternoon so not sure if the carnival will be winding down by then. Any advice is appreciated. Are all the restaurants open, how about the deli at Mongoose?

Thanks
NCSue

Post by NCSue »

Maybe we should swap phone numbers to share our horror stories!!! I am convinced it will be allright! We don't arrive until 4 ish - it WILL be fine! Because I'm having a lot of freakin liquor at the airport !!! We are getting our cars - the keys are being given to the rental agency. You might want to see if they'll do that for you at least!!!