villa rental resource

Travel discussion for St. John
babydocwhit

villa rental resource

Post by babydocwhit »

I am getting a little overwhelmed trying to find a villa on St.John for May. Searching each management company's webite has become very time-consuming. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good "one-stop" resource for villa rentals (including availability calendars!) on St. John?
Thanks!
TrvlJohn

Post by TrvlJohn »

vrbo.com includes calendars. you can even put your dates in before you search to find which ones are available during your stay.

It is not a comprehensive list of villas, but the list is very long.
Leap, and the net will appear.
- John Burroughs
toes in the sand

Post by toes in the sand »

TrvlJohn wrote:vrbo.com includes calendars. you can even put your dates in before you search to find which ones are available during your stay.
Homeaway.com is another "by owner" rental site. They have the same search options and I have found that the calendars are kept up moreso than vrbo. If you are looking in the mid$range I have found that once you search Viva and Caribbean Villas you have seen a good cross section of the managed villas out there. If you are looking for the "perfect" villa you will have to search the lot of them to find it. Beware, your eyes will be crossed and you will be thoroughly frustrated by the time you are done. Then you will stumble across one more site.....
"got a drink in my hand and my toes in the sand"
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

Villa Fish
babydocwhit

Post by babydocwhit »

PA Girl wrote:Villa Fish
Was that a complete thought? It went right over my head.
babydocwhit

Post by babydocwhit »

Ah, www.villafish.com
got it.
excellent website. I had previously tried the two others and was overwhelmed.
This one is very helpful, thanks.
jaytee

Post by jaytee »

The best resource to use is this forum! Let us know what your requirements are and you will get tons of recommendations.
babydocwhit

Post by babydocwhit »

jaytee wrote:The best resource to use is this forum! Let us know what your requirements are and you will get tons of recommendations.
jaytee, it's more about searching for availability. we've waited a little too long, and are having trouble finding what we want for our dates. Would you still recommend posting our dates and price range? If so, would I just post on the main forum? We've found some things we love, just not available!
thanks for the advice.
Whitnehy
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

Post it here and we will try to help
Tom
babydocwhit

Post by babydocwhit »

What a generous offer!
We are looking for something from May 21-30, for 2-3 couples, A.C. and a nice pool, <$3500 Location is not a big issue, though we'd prefer not to be in the extreme East end. We stayed at Bongo Bongo for our honeymoon in 2007, and have had our expectations set pretty high!
I sure do appreciate your interest. We tried to consider other locations for this vacation, but have found ourselves hopelessly addicted to STJ. Might try to drag ourselves to BVI someday...
wonderlost

Post by wonderlost »

So Anthony, am I allowed to post that our place is available or not as a non advertiser?
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
lazylane

Post by lazylane »

Don't rely on the calendars online either. We use vrbo.com and homeaway.com for our business, however, our online calendar is not compatible with theirs so it's of no use. Email or call for availability is your best bet, unless it is a management site, then I would expect their calendar to be up to date.
tedprosser

Post by tedprosser »

lazylane

I would say the calendars in the VI for both Vrbo and Homeway are pretty good ( Vrbo and homeaway are the same company, and use the same calendars) What kind of problems have you had with the Vrbo Calendar?? I agree it is still best to call about date

The calendars are only as good as the owners who use them and how well they update and maintain them.

Our calendar is always up to date for the VI

In the long run it saves us and our guest a lot of time

If we don't keep it updated, the villa wholesales grab the dates and there goes annother 25% commission!!!!!
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

I don't know if you checked out Vacation Vistas, but they have a villa available that looks like it would fit your needs....3 king bedrooms, nice size pool, ac, and it has a nice sunset view. Price is good too. I don't know the villa personally, but Vacation Vistas is a great company to work with.
http://www.vacationvistas.com/Villas/id ... _john.html

My son lives in Austin....love it there.