Help me with my Bday Food Tour of Cruz Bay

Travel discussion for St. John
Sun4MySoul

Help me with my Bday Food Tour of Cruz Bay

Post by Sun4MySoul »

I'll be on island next week for my birthday. YEAH! :D

For my birthday dinner, I've decided to do a bit of a 'sampling' around town. I don't usually go out to eat that often except to the previously discussed 'cheap eats' establishments. So for my birthday, I'm thinking a food tour....Appetizers here and there, main course somewhere, dessert somewhere else...

So I reach out to the experts..send me your favorite dishes at your favorite restaurants and I'll have a FEAST! :lol:
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
swoop

Post by swoop »

Try Shark Bites washed down with a VI Pale Ale at Woodys. :D
brenda

Post by brenda »

Rhumb Lines to share a Pu Pu Platter, Lime Inn for great mussels. I haven't been yet, but how about La Plancha Del Mar for happy hour drinks and apps?
Going "home" again October 26th!
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

Cocktails and Appetizer at ZoZo's at the bar for sunset.

The Lobster Ravioli app was awesome.

Happy Birthday!
janet
LandLockedBeachLover

Post by LandLockedBeachLover »

Seoond the shark bites and happy hour at Woody's! Cheap drinks during happy hour (they make a mean & strong painkiller for $4), especially if you can snag a table outside. Have a great time!!
JC

Post by JC »

Well...the Sausage Fusili app at Zozo's bar for sunset with a warm Chocolate Torte kicker is pretty much what I live for. If you are not on a budget...their Beef Tenderloin Entree rocks...too! :-) :wink: Happy Birthday! (Jealous)

34 & Counting...

"I didn't come here...and I ain't leavin'"
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

Zozos for the sunset, reserve a seat at the bar. I like pretty much everything on the menu...for an appetizer, maybe get the bruschetta of the day, if it sounds good, or the antipasto sampler if they are offering it. If you are having your entree there I especially like the mahi mahi with arugula salad and goat cheese polenta croutons.

La Tapa: for appetizers they have these terrific grilled langoustines--I think there are two on the plate. They also have yummy wahoo ceveche. I usually just get whatever the fish special is for my entree.

Tuna Down Now at the Beach Bar

When John and I ate at La Plancha del Mar we were really impressed with their appetizers. I especially remember these grilled chicken skewers with romesco sauce...juicy and tons of flavor.

The Pupu platter at Rhumblines is fun, and not expensive. Last time we went there John and I got one of everything on the pupu menu--not the noodles, but everything else. The winner was a cilantro shrimp. The only real dud was a chicken stuffed bok choy parcel.

Have fun and Happy Birthday!
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

I am a huge fan of the garlic ribeye at Banana Deck. I only discovered it a couple trips ago but it is now on my must-eat list.
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
Nancy_B

Post by Nancy_B »

Not much more to cover as I think you have excellent suggestions here but I just wanted to wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I know you'll have a great one! Leave some rum for me as I arrive the 30th :)
NancyB
Barb Y

Post by Barb Y »

Sounds like you have some good food suggestions here. I am sure you will be happy with many of them. I just have very Happy Birthday wishes to offer. Enjoy!
captainjay

Post by captainjay »

brenda wrote:Rhumb Lines to share a Pu Pu Platter, Lime Inn for great mussels. I haven't been yet, but how about La Plancha Del Mar for happy hour drinks and apps?
I'm going with Brenda. La Plancha is not to be missed. We ate at Rumb Lines again last week. I could do Lime Inn anytime.
I would add that I can do some shark bites at Woody's anytime. I would have to think the new Mexican place for some Quesadillas and a Margarita wouldn't be bad either. Then there is the Waterfront Bistro as well.
You may need to make this into a two day event. Happy upcoming birthday.
Jay
b-as-u-r

Post by b-as-u-r »

So many good choices and only one birthday--make it a birthday week. Really just wanted to wish you a happy birthday, so Happy Birthday. Ali~
STJ - I "get it"
bevm

Post by bevm »

Start at La Plancha for apps. and work your way down to the waterfront...
I would like to add that I'm extremely jealous...
Have a wonderful birthday celebration!!

Hey look at my ticker!! 3 months!!! Damn, does that sound good!!! :D :D
Pete (Mr. Marcia)

Post by Pete (Mr. Marcia) »

We like to go to the inside, back bar at Lime Inn for the mussels. They are great, especially if you sop up the sauce with bread. Yum.
Wisconsin, smell the dairy air