Super Bowl

Travel discussion for St. John
tincansailor

Super Bowl

Post by tincansailor »

Are there sports bars on STT? We'll be there over that Sunday and it's much more fun to watch with a crowd.

Can't believe the time has gone by so fast. We won this trip at a charity auction last February and have been talking and planning ever since; now we're inside of three weeks. Too soon to start packing?
Steve S

Post by Steve S »

I was on island for Super Bowl 38. I fell asleep half way through the 1st quarter. Must be something about watching tv at 9 o'clock after a day of sun and beach and and an evening of painkillers... :lol:

No regrets.
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

Start packing? You're not packed yet? I'm sure you'll find the Superbowl playing somewhere, and I'm sure someone on the forum will know right where to send you! Enjoy your prize!
pmk

Post by pmk »

Skinny Legs has a bunch of good flatscreen TVs and they play lots of football, so I betcha that's your best bet.

Great place, fantastic burgers.

pmk
tincansailor

Post by tincansailor »

pmk wrote:Skinny Legs has a bunch of good flatscreen TVs and they play lots of football, so I betcha that's your best bet.

Great place, fantastic burgers.

pmk
Thanks, PMK, but isn't Skinny Legs on STJ? I'd be willing to go there but would have to take the passenger only ferry to get back to Sapphire on STT after the game, right?
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

yes, Skinny's is on STJ.
send out a PM to CaptainJay - he might be able to direct you. He lives over on STT with his lovely wife MrsCaptainJay :)
LandLockedBeachLover

Post by LandLockedBeachLover »

Go to Island Time Pub in Red Hook on 3rd floor. It overlooks American Yacht Harbor. Great views, nice and breezy, cheap beer and plenty of tv's. Oh and THE BEST pizza. I'm craving it now! If you want indoors, go to Caribeean Saloon just next door. Plenty of options in Red Hook!

Have a blast! Lucky duck!
sherban

Post by sherban »

There is a Hooters on STT....
tincansailor

Post by tincansailor »

LandLockedBeachLover wrote:Go to Island Time Pub in Red Hook on 3rd floor. It overlooks American Yacht Harbor. Great views, nice and breezy, cheap beer and plenty of tv's. Oh and THE BEST pizza. I'm craving it now! If you want indoors, go to Caribeean Saloon just next door. Plenty of options in Red Hook!

Have a blast! Lucky duck!
Perfect! Thanks a lot. Staying at Sapphire so I suppose we can walk to and from.
LandLockedBeachLover

Post by LandLockedBeachLover »

Tincansailor - You are close enough to Red Hook to walk from Sapphire, but I would not do that in the dark. The roads are narrow and fairly curvy, with many tourists forgetting to "stay left" after a few pops. Take a cab. Well worth the $5 or whatever it is.