How we spent our Friday evening........

Travel discussion for St. John
silverheels

Post by silverheels »

Carolyn,
You're right! It was Mad Hot Ballroom. I just pm'd Pia with the name. I googled it. Have you seen the movie?
Pianogrl

Post by Pianogrl »

Awesome.....would have loved to have been there! Thanks for sharing this.
Carolyn

Post by Carolyn »

silverheels, no I didn't see it, but I remember thinking I'd like to see it ... and still do. I will look around for it.

I too googled it ... google is a good friend to me!
Pia

Post by Pia »

I have seen the movie - it is sooo much fun - and actually know Pierre Dulaine and have known him for 20+ years He was here, and was the mc for the event last night. All of the students watched the movie as the program they were on was the official Mad Hot Ballroom course. They all danced wonderful and it was great to see their transformation over the weeks - we really hope the course can continue in the schools :)

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
LMG

Post by LMG »

That is so cool! Yay for you, Pia, and for all the teachers and supporters. It looks like so much fun!
lprof

Post by lprof »

Pia wrote:I have seen the movie - it is sooo much fun - and actually know Pierre Dulaine and have known him for 20+ years He was here, and was the mc for the event last night. All of the students watched the movie as the program they were on was the official Mad Hot Ballroom course. They all danced wonderful and it was great to see their transformation over the weeks - we really hope the course can continue in the schools :)

Pia
All of it seems so, so cool and must have been much fun for everyone involved. It's really neat for you "professionals" to be a part of this small island's project. Hats off to you!
... no longer a stranger to paradise
Barb Y

Post by Barb Y »

How very cool! It is awesome of you to share your talents with the kids. I am sure your efforts and the efforts of the teachers and kids brought a lot of happiness to many.
ShipwreckPat

Post by ShipwreckPat »

As a reward for all their hard work and for winning, the GBS students had lunch at Shipwreck. You could see the effect of the hard work and the change in the kids from
knowing them before their training. The word discipline is now in their vocabulary and it was a real pleasure to see the dramatic change. Congratulations to all those involved. Dance can change St John's children, one tango at a time!